1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Change the headlight bulb

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by gp_yash, Dec 2, 2011.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks guys I could easily remove the left side bulb.Now the issue is which changeover bulb I should use.Am not fan of high light bulbs as 90% of my commuting is in city limits, so those high funda expensive lamps are out.

I came across Bosch H7 55w halogen bulbs..Rs 150 per unit.Its cheaper to the stock Phillips one.Any reviews on the Bosch bulbs guys compared to the stock one or any other brands I can buy.

ziarovka-h7-12v-55w-bosch-500x500.jpg

ziarovka-h7-12v-55w-bosch-500x500.jpg
  2. Dr Nitin Dutta

Dr Nitin Dutta Novizio

Guwahait; Assam INDIA
    Guwahati
    Avventura 1.4
    Anybody tried changing headlamp bulbs of the Avventura Abarth? Planning to go for a long trip for a few days out of town . Just checked how to replace the bulbs, just in case. OMG the RHS headlamp unit has no space behind it for manipulation. Probably a child's hand would go in. The space is restricted by the Air filter box. Same for the LHS headlamp unit , though there is some space. This side is restricted by the Fuse box. Bad designing by FIAT; or maybe they want us to visit the FASS for every minor thing :p
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Can u post pictures of the setup.. in Aventura
  4. Ananth_90

Ananth_90 Timido

Kochi
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    I don't know about Avventura Abarth, but it was very easy to change the right side bulb in my evo 90 HP while upgrading to Philips XV+. I had to remove the fuse box cover for better reach on the left side.
    This is how I have upgraded the head lamps.
    1. Remove the rubber cap at the back of the head light assembly taking care dust does not go inside head light dome.
    2. Pull back the bulb connector to reveal the head light bulb.
    3. Press the 3 catches which holds the bulb to release it.
    4. Align the new bulb with the groove.
    5. Push it all the way in. You should hear three assuring clicks that the bulb is secured properly in it's seat.
    6. Re-connect the bulb connector which provides the power to the bulb.

DSC_0530.JPG

OEM OSRAM vs Philips XV+

DSC_0532.JPG
    Dr Nitin Dutta, teja rs and KPR like this.