1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Change the headlight bulb

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by gp_yash, Dec 2, 2011.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Yes from the manuals and videos i saw it was the easiest part but only when i put my hands to it did i realize a few things.
    Firstly remember I was running a high wattage bulb earlier so the connector was actually not the stock connector and the wires for it came from the relay now only when i put the relay's connector and try to close the cap i saw that it was never sitting right . (Till that point i didn't realize that it was not stock , after some careful observations I saw that there was another "so called" dummy connector inside the lamp well when i pulled it a bit I realized that it was the OEM connector and the one i was trying to plug was the relay one.

So i disconnected the relay connector completely and used the OEM one itself. That's when i was easy!! :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

No dude, that fool had just pressed the cap through the wires.
    In fact when i opened the cap for the first time and carefully observed the aftermarket wires I saw that the insulation at a few places were eaten away and the copper was exposed . This was because the cap was completely twisted over the aftermarket wires.

Thank god i got rid of it now.
  2. humans

Delhi NCR
    Changed both my headlights bulb to OSRAM NB+ and it took just 15-20 mins to change both. The trick is the pressing and lifting the steel hinge which keeps the bulb in its place. What I did was first took a photo using torch to light inside the headlight cavity after removing the rubber cap. Then just used a finger to push the U end of hinge slightly and slide it sideways. Hurray the bulb is out. Now to put the new bulb back, just make sure that out of 3 pins the horizontal one remains on top and parallel to ground and it goes and sit perfectly. Than just pushed the hinge again in straight line and it went perfectly in locking position is first attempt in both the headlights.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Desigan

HI , Has any one tried changing fog light bulb? Does it make sense to upgrade fog light bulb to Xtream Vison H1 55W ?</SPAN>
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Replacing the fog light bulb is not that easy as the headlight.

Changing the fog lamps to premium bulbs like Xtreme vision or NB+ will not make any big difference. I would suggest to stick with the stock bulb itself.
  5. Desigan

I got my headlight replaced yesterday with help of a car electrician. But unfortunately left side headlight connecter was jammed as it got overheated and the connecter plastic body was melted. With great difficulty electrician tried to open it and finally ended up leaving some dust material inside the headlight doom. Tried to remove the dust but all in vain… Performance of new lights are better but the dust particle lies in. not sure if Fiat service person will be able to clean the doom and remove the dust.</SPAN>
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Remove the bulb and get compressed air blown in. I did that on my smokey headlights.
  7. Desigan

Thnx mate, hope i should get the complete headlight doom removed as there is less space around the headlight. Let me try this weekend.</SPAN>
  8. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Just remove the dust cap, remove the headlamp socket, and then release the headlamp lock, take the bulb out and blow compressed air in. You need not remove the headlamp. For removing headlamps, bumper should be taken off.
  9. behrupiya

behrupiya Timido

can someone please help me with the images on how to dislodge the bulb from the headlamop assemply in Fiat Punto.. It is uncomfortably obscured from vision and i dont want to botch up the bulb locks trying to muscle my way to removing them..
  10. mohdshea

mohdshea Amatore

Linea 1.3
    --- Double Post Merged, Jun 27, 2015 ---
    Hello friends,
    I bought a pair of osram night breaker plus h7 from snapdeal which I received 2 days back. I tried to change the bulb myself but was unsuccessful.
    Finally I consulted at Daiwik fiat and changed from there. The right one was easy but for the left one they had to remove the lamp as the clip did not get closed
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2015