1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY- carbon fiber vinyls on side view mirrors

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by thomman85, Dec 4, 2011.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I thought of white,but with the white stickers and orvm..the white door handle will be a bit too much..or won't be in sync

i may change the whole white stickers to black.. but later
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    and plan of black CF on the centre console
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I be going for grey cf on the center console and wanna try black cf on the center dash board.. the stretch between the door and the center console from both sides..
    But i remember kedar trying it..but droped the plan as cf won't stick on surface properly.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  4. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    thomman85, yep CF fit & finish won't be that great on dashboard.

IMHO, gun mettle alloys are best on punto but don't you think ORVMs in white & rims in black is bit of a confusing combo. you should be thinking deeply?
    Well it is a subjective matter of test from a person to person.

Ahh....im just confused! As white ORVMs going good cause of your white Abarth job. But then again black alloys, white ORVMs & abarth sticker & Red car????
    Lolz im not getting it.
  5. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I think black goes with all colours... i have plans to change those abarht to black....

---------- Post added at 09:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

Tomorrow is a big day... DIY installation of black roof vinyls. and if i get time, i may also install a mesh grill.

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

Guys i need your help, advice and suggestion on the following

I have some more white cf vinyls, so what do you guys think about me using that on the center console...as u all know the console is grey..and white cf.. i don't feel its too awkward. But the problem is i have red and black seats..

using a hair drier on the console.. will it affect the display panel because of the heat..

any one with Photoshop skill please help me with the below console picture, by changing the colour to white....
    thank you
    Dash2011-12-05 09.38.04.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2011
  6. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

my personal opinion, please don't do too much vinyl work especially in the dash. BTW finish of OVRM's looks great...door handles also look good. i didn't like the alloys change. it will look good if its painted black. Your changes would look uber cool on a white Punto :)

R,
    Vishnu
  7. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Thanks vishnu for ur feedback..

I just did one alloys and that was the end of it.. I have been trying to pain the alloys but every weekend it gets postponed and this weekend i got a marriage in ur city.
  8. vilas iyer

vilas iyer Novizio

Gurgaon
    How much does the carbon fiber vinyl cost per sq ft ?
    I called up TEEM TEEM India, - 3d Carbon Fiber Vinyl today and asked for the rates . the guys mane is aditya . He said the roll is of the size 4ftx40ft :shocked.I asked him if i can get a smaller roll then he said he could provied me with size 4ftx10ft @Rs125 per ft. That would amount to Rs 5000 + courier charges (ludhiana to gurgaon).

so I searched on the internet for more vinyl dealers and found one in CHINA:confused
    BTW company is "sino car film" Products-Carbon fiber sticker vinyl film supplier-Sino Advertising Material Co., LTD
    I Put in a mail to the company regarding the requirement (5ft x 20ft ) sheet of 3D carbon fiber vinyl and asked the price .
    They said it comes in a roll of 1.5mx98.4m @$250.I calculated the price for my requirement($46) and asked them if they can provied me with the same .
    They agreed and also told me that shipping would cost around $100.
    Total would cost around Rs7748(Product +shipping)

Now i am in a fix .By just looking at the rates it seems that we could find the 3D Carbon fiber film in India at a much lower cost than Rs 125(which TEEM is asking for )

If anyone knows any dealer who is selling it at a much lower price pl do inform me esp if its in and around delhi .
  9. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I bought mine from eBay.com and cost me $18 for both white and red. each sheet is 12''x48'' long..
    i also found some seller in ebay india. Hope this link helps... cheers
    3m carbon fiber | eBay
  10. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    i had seen a white painted center console in a punto it looked awesome. black carbon fiber will also look nice provided it has perfect finishing. the red handles looks very subtle and nice. black spider alloys and a white spoiler will look awesome.