1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY- carbon fiber vinyls on side view mirrors

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by thomman85, Dec 4, 2011.

1. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

full white mirror.jpg
    it wast tough work..tougher than i wexpected.. got the hang of it after a while..
    but by then...
    white and black.jpg
    white and blck longshot.jpg

Vinyls on alloys will work.. but not for gp stock alloys as it has too many spokes and the spokes are to wide.. not easy to cover inside..
    will work for the sonata alloys.. as it has fewer spokes and the width of the spokes is smaller
    alloys..close up.jpg
    alloys.jpg

Decided to paint the wheels gun metal black

i'm gona do it mirrors again.. but confused if i should go full white or the black&white.. please leave feedback

longshot white.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2011
    3 people like this.
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Source for purchase of white carbon fibre finish ???

Simply paint 'em black spokes with white insides
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    IMO Full white looks better, but again i see you are having issues with the finishing at the edges, Aren't those mirrors caps available at ASS as spare parts, I think paint is the better option due to the curved nature of the surface.

Forget about vinyl for the wheels, totally a failure. Im waiting for you to get the Gunmetal paint on them. Im planning to get my alloys painted as well but not sure about the quality that can be achieved.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    why dont you get the wheels altogether white. they will look good
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    nice to see the action so soon.... since you are going on a white theme rather than black, i would prefer white mirrors, which goes along with white abarths, which would also look better if you are going with white chequered flag on the roof as i saw somewhere else.
    I kinda liked that treeatment to the alloys, looks good from a bit far away. you just paint those portions vinyl'd in black, for better finish .Have you smoked the tail lamps slightly? Also get a small spoiler .
  6. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

bought it from ebay...
    i be going for gun metal black...

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/introduce-yourself/3913-my-exotic-red-ep-abarth-2.html

u will find a picture of the wheel in matt black...

-

---------- Post added at 09:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 AM ----------

thanks ,but no thanks...not a fan of white alloy wheels...

---------- Post added at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 AM ----------

i'll be painting the alloys iin metallic grey.. or gun metal black. not yet decided...
    yeah..i stuck a tint.. on the taillights... will be upgrading them to flyeyes...
    and spoilers --on the list..
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  7. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2011
  8. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

Red carbon fiber or door handles..

Door2011-12-06 10.06.36.jpg
    i did the whole piece,,then removed them..as this looks v=better..
    Door2011-12-06 10.06.53.jpg Side2011-12-05 09.38.33.jpg
    chrome.. Won't even notice a big difference..
    Dash2011-12-05 09.38.04.jpg
  9. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

I'm having troubles with the door handle paint.. The edges chips off..leaving a white patch...
    U can notice in the above picture.. Any solution..!!
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The red CF on the door handle is not looking any more different than a usual paint, didn't u try the white one, it would inevitibly stand out and look more in sync with ur red white and black theme