1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Car Care & Detailing thread

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by VahanPujari, May 30, 2010.

1. Karan

Karan Novizio

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
  2. Pradeepms

Pradeepms Amatore

Mysore, Karanataka
    Mysore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Vista wash and wax is very good am using it from last 10 months... check out in paytm... u will get some cashback aswell...
    --- Double Post Merged, Apr 24, 2016 ---
    1461488048834-1433829757.jpg
    Karan and Deepak like this.
  3. aramico

aramico Amatore

KA 51 / KA 31
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    @Karan you can even try PROKLEAR products. They are good & VFM, comes in concentrated from. so you can dilute it & use it.
    here is the link
    http://www.proklear.in/blog/
    Karan likes this.
  4. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    for beginners this video has complete steps about car detailing.
    Shivanand Sharma, Karan and Navneet like this.
  5. Karan

Karan Novizio

Chennai
    Punto Evo 1.3
  6. Bibendu

Bibendu Timido

Cuttack
    Linea T-Jet
    Sorry for the naivity. I am a new linea HHB owner. Just want to know how to apply the teflon coating?
    Can it be done by hand?
    Is waxing needed after teflon coating?
    What is the recommended brand in teflon coating?

Mod Note: Please do not type like this..... This is rubbish way of posting. Kindly follow the posting etiquttes. Kindly refer to the rules here
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2016
  7. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Bibendu, Teflon is a term from what I know is applied in a closed oven under high temperatures. Most of the detailing shops in the market misuse the term teflon coating for basic wax / polish. In case you want to wax or polish your car buy some good products available in the market and you can start the work. Yes they can be applied by hand, we have a lot of easy to apply and remove waxes and polishes available in the market. I would request you to start with some basic products, based on the time constraints and if you continue to enjoy working on the car you can slowly upgrade. You can pick the products already listed in this thread based on your budget. I personally would advice you not to spend too much initially as for most of the folks, the excitement diminishes after 2 / 3 sessions :). All the best, do post some pics after the session.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  8. avithe1

avithe1 Amatore

(Mira Rd) Thane.
    Thane
    Linea 1.3
    Hi @Bibendu ,

Yes HHB is a difficult color to maintain but looks smashing awesome :)
    I will too recommend (as Pradeep) not to go for teflon , instead always ensure that the car is washed and cleaned properly with microfibre cloth's
    If lots of swirls already go for a good exterior detailing and henceforth maintain the shine with a good car shampoo+wax (once or twice a month).
    Just ensure that the washing guy (or you) use a good cloth (microfibre) to wash and wipe the car.

Some common mistakes and tips:

You will find some good microfibres here = http://store.ultimatedetailerz.com/ (or any good site like amazon )
  9. Bibendu

Bibendu Timido

Cuttack
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. Will post lots and lots of pics as soon as I can.

And moderators, no need to be rude. As I said I am new here. Looking forward to be more accurate in the future.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Enforcement of the rules of a forum need not be considered as rude. The rules are framed for benefit of all.

It would be really helpful if all new members (even old members) to go through the TFI rules and adhere to it. Without this co-operation from the members, the forum quality can never improve.

Thanks for understanding.

PS: Sorry about the off topic post
    kunwar.g likes this.