1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Car Care & Detailing thread

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by VahanPujari, May 30, 2010.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Beautiful results scorpio man. :up Thanks for sharing.
    1 person likes this.
  2. Scorpioman

Scorpioman Novizio

Pick up a bottle of Meguairs Glass Cleaner and a good micro fibre towel. You can get both at any 3M outlet or any Shell petrol bunk. If you decide you do not want to invest in a glass cleaner get a spray bottle and mix a little car wash shampoo with water 1:10 and spray that on the glass and wipe dry with a micro fibre cloth.

Before you spray the wind sheild to clean it, just dust it with the Jopasu duster to take off any loose dust.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014
    2 people like this.
  3. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    I trusted SunnyBoi with my car and that fellow went and made it disappear!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    rudresh, rishike007, hashjagz and 6 others like this.
  4. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Linea T-Jet
    Amazing Shine!! For A moment I thought what is this pic doing in this thread if it doesn't contain pic of car. Your ride is completely camouflaged!!!:clapping
    3 people like this.
  5. Linear

Linear Amatore

One of the best decision mate.
    2 people like this.
  6. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

That is just a trailer.

Srini's car has been a real challenge to me so far. So much that I have spent two whole weekends and still not finished the car. Hopefully 3rd weekend will be lucky :D If he says yes, his car will get an awesome japanese coating on it ;)

In the meantime, a work in progress video of his hood, please watch in HD:

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
    4 people like this.
  7. Linear

Linear Amatore

Exactly! I always wonder about the quality of work carried out by our so called pros (including the big branded shops) when they finish badly maintained cars in 4-5 hours.
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

That's an awesome work to get a brilliant shine on BNW color.

Mind disclosing the treatment done?
  9. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Professionals usually have a team of 3-4 guys working simultaneously on the car and finishing up sooner. But then again with some pros, it will simply be a case of You-Get-What-You-Paid-For. It will be unfair to compare efforts/timescales of DIYers and professionals.

I'm a lethargic fellow and take my sweet time to finish things. Srini's car looked 90% awesome as of the end of the first weekend, however the last push for the 10% takes a lot of effort. Classic case of law of diminishing returns; if you want the extra 10%, you have to pay for it. In this case though, I lack experience in certain areas and Srini has been kind enough to allow me to try few techniques on his car including horrible salt removal, plastic trim restoration, non invasive deep scratch removal, dent removal (hehe) and paint chip filling. He gets a 100% car and I get to learn new techniques through practical exposure which no amount of internet advice can ever give. Win-Win ;)
    3 people like this.
  10. rishijaveri

Dear Amit,

i know its an old thread.

could you please share the name and number for that agency.

i just got a linea mjd last month and would like to keep it clean.