1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Car Care & Detailing thread

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by VahanPujari, May 30, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Ramesh, I am shocked. That is the Cold Air Intake, buddy. After market air filter.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    A UNI filter, if I am not mistaken.

@SunnyBoi

A thread by you telling us about the S10 experience is wayyy overdue. Do it mate.

Cheers.
    3 people like this.
  3. gurjinder

Punjab
    On another note, mother nature does clean up the Palio D now and then. Here is the car care & detailing being done by mother nature via rain ;)

paliorain.jpg
    3 people like this.
  4. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Correct! Its a UNI.

Not sure if one can call it a Cold Air Intake; its just a normal round filter. CAIs have provisions like extra piping so that it takes in cool air unlike my setup where hot air from radiator can go inside the filter.

It really isnt difficult. The results of the car looking the way it is, is from 1.5 years of constant work. Little by little every week helps so get started today itself :D

but but but...I have an old petrol guzzler and this is a pit stop for new generation fiats :(

Grey has tremendous potential. Check this:

Miracle Detail present a £6k detail on a BMW 1M with Rupes Bigfoot & Modesta coatings - Detailing World
    1 person likes this.
  5. gurjinder

Punjab
    Not an issue. Old gen / new gen , we're all FIATians.

That detailing forum is absolute nuts. There was an epic thread there in "The Studio" sub forum on orange peel removal on a brand new M3. The end result was beyond stunning.
  6. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

Orange peel you say? Before and after:

3NNJAvZ.jpg
    3 people like this.
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    if there is anyoe how is well versed with machine polishers can you please let me know on how to use it , which one to buy , what all to buy and everything else inbetween?

I'm looking to pick up a dual action polisher and i've never had any prior experience using it (i was always apprehensive) .
    Any and all links to a good job would be really helpful
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    1 person likes this.
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    yes i did but i want more info on how to safely use the machine, where to pick up good products and so on.
    I'm threading very cautiously because i only get one shot at this and if i screw it up then its pretty much dead for a lifetime :(
    I have looked at a lot of videos as well but they make it look so easy and if i've learnt anything , if it looks easy it definitely isn't
  10. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    Dual action polishers are not easily available in India and if they are, the prices are usually very steep. However, if at all you want to use a DA, there is practically no need to be afraid as it is almost impossible to damage paint with a DA, unless you are making some obvious mistakes like selecting the wrong pads or not holding the machine properly.

However, if you really want to learn it, the only other way is to get a pro detailer teach you. I think I've mentioned this earlier, but since you're in Bangalore, I will request you to get in touch with Ultimate Detailerz (Mr. Mohsin). You can even tell him my name (Guru).