1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Car Care & Detailing thread

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by VahanPujari, May 30, 2010.

1. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Mind sharing the link to get this products?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I buy from them directly, from UK as I use most of their products and a lot of my friends and fellow detailing enthusiasts source these from me. We get the benefit of bulk buying. You can buy directly from their website.
    Corrosion Protection, Rust Removal, Car Wax and Car Polish from Bilt-Hamber UK
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Relativity are you by any means Supernaut in any other forum ? :)
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Guys,

Today spend 2 hours detailing my car. Used Optimum Wash and Wax via 2 bucket method. The outcome was clean and good but not to my expectations. Well after 2 hours it rained :(

Any ways, i got 2 concerns here.

1. Wash and Wax solution could not remove some of the dotted stains on the body. I believe they are oil/unburnt fuel stains. Few of them went off on a bit of rubbing via microfiber cloth, but few needed alot of more preassure. More preassure ones i left it as is coz i do not want to induce scratches. I am guessing the Wash and Wax cant take off these stains as its not soapy as its shown on many videos over youtube. So any idea guys what i should do? Should i go for a seperate car wash solution to take off those stains?

2. On the bottle it says this solution is wash and wax type. But is waxing still needed after drying up the surface? lyk its shown in videos?

Please no pouncing on me. Pardon me if its a basic question but cant find an answer to it.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Please buy dedicated products. There is a famous saying "never do 2 things at once " and it holds everywhere.
    You will feel the wetness that waxing produces and find it working but it loses out very fast

Sent from my Q1000 using Tapatalk 2
  6. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Hmm.. OK sham. Initially i wanted 2 buy two different from meguiars, but saw this Optimum on ebay and thought why not try it out. After this one gets over, ill go for different products.

But again, will the different/dedicated products can remove those oil stains?
  7. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    After 4 hours of detailing (Washing and Waxing), here i am exhausted yet satisfied by the glossy shiny look on my beauty ;)
    Untitled.jpg

Waxing is really really painful job. Now i understand Sham pain in keeping his black beauty sparkling ;)
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. SunnyBoi

SunnyBoi Amatore

^ Nice effort. Even I cleaned my car this week:

Before:

gGKfaJT.jpg

cV1govV.jpg

One wipe with soap water and this is the result:

8BrOYDh.jpg
    2 people like this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    That S10 is epic.

Guys, is Sham (Auto Mall) still in business? I've been looking to source some Mothers Mag & Al Polish. Or any other guy who stocks it.

Cheers.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Thanks sunniboi. Your S10 looks very nice.
    1 person likes this.