1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Car Care & Detailing thread

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by VahanPujari, May 30, 2010.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Shivraj dont ever think that adding a coat of wax alone would get you a mirror like finish. It will definitely be good looking than what it is now. There are certain pre-wax process which needs to be done to get that mirror like finish like clay bar, scratch removal, swirl mark removal, gloss , wax & finally paint sealant. It also depends on how good your current paint condition is. Meguiars products are really good & worth the money you pay. You can get it even cheaper if you can source it from abroad like US.
  2. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    Thanks Cinju for speedy reply. Please let me know the pre wax products which are easily available in the market and should be cheap as i am spending a lot on tec wax already.
    Will tecwax harm the paint if applied wlthout the pre-wax products??
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    It wont do any harm to your paint. Please try it out 1st & if you dont feel satisfied we'll move with the other options. Detailing is a costly & time consuming process dude. There is no short cut :)
  4. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Holi damage..

My BNW Punto celebrated holi yesterday. Thanks to the kids in the apartment. They sprinkled green coloured water all over the bonnet and doors. When I came back from work, shocked to see that it wasn't going away when I washed with water or Formula1's wash n wax shampoo :eek: Applied small quantity of Colgate Total tooth paste and created a foam with water.. voila.. the colours are gone.. I know I risked the paint surface with a tooth paste, but to my luck it didn't damage the paint shine or surface.

PS: I won't recommend Colgate Total for a car wash but definitely recommend it for your teeth :-D
    1 person likes this.
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Tech Wax 2.0 is a dated product with poor durability. won't last longer than a month in Chennai. You want something durable for 3 months, looks better and is easier to apply; go for Optimum Car Wax.
    ECC Bangalore is the authorized retailer in India and they ship it in 1 day. You can find them on Facebook as Eco Car Care Asia.

BTW, Tech Wax 2.0 is a sealant. Optimum Car Wax is a hybrid with 5% Carnuba Wax. THE most durable spray wax ever created. 100 Ml is INR 410.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    1 person likes this.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai

Don't worry, an year ago I was asking such questions before I joined International forums and thrashed everything out. Plus I had to get my hands dirty as arm chair detailing does not help. Unless you use some of the leading waxes, hybrids, sealants and silica sealants with your own hands; it's hard to believe what is true.
    Meguiar's Ultimate Quick wax is easily available in India but is a spray sealant so lacks depth and warmth. Plus the durability is 3 weeks top. OCW on the other hand has some Carnuba content and is equally easy to apply. There are of course hybrid sealants, nano sealants and coating that will last a longer time but are priced at a premium.

You can read more about it here Optimum Car Wax v2 - first impressions - Detailing World
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  8. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    I have been using Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 [I have both liquid and paste forms] from the past 2 years without any other product. My Linea continues to shine brilliantly as ever. :)
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    I am using collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance pure carnuaba wax & buffing it with hand is my worst dream. But when you see the finished product voila the saying gets true ..No pain - no gain ;) . Thanks mate let me go through your link.
  10. Linear

Linear Amatore

Thane
    This is seriously awesome stuff, though it's not pure carnuba by any means.

This is true as well.