1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Car Care & Detailing thread

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by VahanPujari, May 30, 2010.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    ^^ That OB Punto looks smashing, brilliant detailing!
    1 person likes this.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    That looks smashing. So what do you perform as a regular detailing. Please do let us know.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  4. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

LOOK AT THE FINISH !! YOU JUST BLOWN ME AWAY WITH THE SHINE MATE :-D Awesome work ! Always feel great whenever I see a well maintained car and specially a Punto and Linea. These cars are meant to be kept super clean ! Can you share the products you have used before clicking these pics ? The depth is just brilliant !!! You really have the most hard-to-maintain color but look at it, you have maintained it beautifully :)
    - - - Merged Post - - -

This was with Colinite some 6 months back, its the best I could get out of it at that time. 20120701_075702.jpg
    2 people like this.
  5. NitinGirish

NitinGirish Amatore

Bengaluru
    @Relativity: Thats INSANE! Did you do it yourself? Please share tips & tricks :) More importantly, how long did it take you to get that finish.
    @sunswape: On BNW thats a very good result. I think you took that snap against sunlight. Else it would have looked better.
    1 person likes this.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I usually dust with a Jopasu duster every alternate day. Every Two weeks, I wash with ONR or DG Rinseless Wash. That's pretty much what I do. I keep ONR as a QD in a Spray Bottle to remove an bird droppings as soon as possible. The pictures you saw above were taken after my first DIY End to End Detailing session on 25th December. I did the following:
    1. Dusted the entire Car with Jopasu duster
    2. Washed with DG Rinseless Cleanser
    3. Clayed about half the Car & then called it a night
    4. In the morning, dusted with a brand new Jopasu duster
    5. Clayed the remaining Car with the Clay Bar and Clay Bar Lube made from ONR
    6. Polished with the Sonax Car Polish
    7. Applied the DG 105 Paint Sealant
    8. Waited for about 10 Minutes and then Buffed it Off
    4.jpg
    5 people like this.
  7. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks for the tips... Will try it time...( Need to make few purchase tomorrow)
  8. kk27

kk27 Amatore

Kandivali - Mumbai
    Kandivali - Mumbai
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @Relativity - Awesome man! Did you use a special clay bar? Also did you use rotor machine or was it all hands on deck?
    1 person likes this.
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    For relativity point no 6 & 7 did the trick. The sonax polish removes light swirl marks & minor scratches & the DG 105 again is a cleaner & polish in one this again removes swirl marks & scratches and brings a deep gloss to the paint . So it is almost like using 2 sets of polish . The DG 105 is an excellent product recommended by details world wide & it is said that the tough, synthetic coating stands up to harsh environmental conditions such as pollution, acid rain, intense sun, sap, and bird droppings. The durable finish protects paint for up to one year . Stay away from using polish more than once in a year. Relativity I think you can skip using sonar & directly apply DG 105 as you are actually chipping off the paint coating very lightly. Any polish will have abrasive compound. Some may be harsher, some may be lighter. But the finish you got is really impressive.
    BTW OB is not the toughest color to maintain. TW is ..(as I am having TW) :punch
  10. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Relativity - Do you've online links from where you purchased the above stuff?