1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Car Care & Detailing thread

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by VahanPujari, May 30, 2010.

1. OCTANE

OCTANE Amatore

Cochin
    Thanks Cinju. :)
  2. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

IMG_20121113_072111.jpg Done up with Optimum Car Wax. Best part is that the car has been given a single coat of it some 1 month back. Claimed life of OCW is minimum 6months. Check the reflections for yourself. Car has been given normal shampoo wash two days back before this pic.
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Can't go wrong with anything Optimum. Been trying to get my hands on Opti Seal for a while. Where did you manage to buy the spray wax from?
  4. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Got it from Eco Car Care, they are the sole importers for Optimum products and last time when I inquired about Opti seal from them, they told me that it will be available with them in Dec, so I guess it will be with them now. You can contact them, here is their email address sales@ecocarcare.asia

And heres their site
    Eco Car Care Bangalore
    Last edited: Dec 25, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I was wondering if there is a way to keep the car clean from the daily dust that accumulates ?
    I own a black car and just one trip out will make fine dust settle on the body and it looks quite bad , especially when its waxed up completely.
    I used to use JOPASU for regular buffs but it creates scratches....

Is there any way around this ? , Rather than washing it everyday? (Which is not feasible at all)
  6. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    jopasu creates scratches is news to me.
    i use it quite regularly. what i do is wax my punto once a month/45 days and wash only when not jopasu is not able to clean it (once a week types). it works pretty well for me!
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes it does.. I've noticed scratches on the roof for an otherwise spotless car...
    I mean i used jopasu for about a month on a regular basis (almost everyday) and my car was fresh out of a 3M treatment so there was no scratch on it.
    But after a month i noticed light scratches...

PS :: I dont wash JOPASU at all.. i just wipe and keep it aside.. could that be the reason?
    Also can JOPASU be washed? ( I feel that it has some wax sort of a coating on it..)
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Actually on dark cars its impossible to keep away the swirl marks. Whatever care you take , when you clean the dust with jopasu or cloth or anything swirl marks appear.

If you want to avoid that as much as you can then buy a portable pressure washer. Wash your can and then wipe it off. But thats not quite possible in day to day life.

I got a Griots dual action car polisher from USA. Will be buying a transformer for it now as it works on 110v :(

I also bought meguiars ultimate compound and a good quality paint sealant. May be this can help me to retain my paint finish as much as i can.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Waxing once in a month :eek: Every time I wax I get body pain for two days.
    Are you getting it done outside?

Vacuum cleaners come with pressure washer attachments. Quite effective and convenient. No need to buy separate pressure washer:)
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Which ones. Thanks for that info. I would love to buy such vacuum cleaner. I havent heard of any. Pressure washer generates 100 bar pressure via a piston pump. I dont think vacuum cleaner has piston pump.