1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY - Car Care & Detailing thread

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by VahanPujari, May 30, 2010.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    When you say Buff, do you mean with wax or just with the MF?
    ONR is hard to find. Automall.in does not have any stock on their ebay store and I had to order from carpolish.in
    Waiting for it to arrive. will pickup a good wax from 3M on friday when I go there for the paint sealant.
  2. ganesh.g1982

ganesh.g1982 Novizio

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have done wax with Formula 1, it looks good.. I spent aorund 4.5 hours for washing,drying and then Waxing. After doing a small area, checked the difference with other area.. aread I did wax, is smooth and glossy. As stated in the box of f1, it didnt removed the minor scratched, so i beleive the paint has no damage. I will be more confortable when I do next, but not with f1.

Need a suggestion.. The bonnet is a bit rough, when i rub with my fingers even after wax, sometimes i feel like some thing is distrubing the smooth run like small dot bumps. what to do make it also smooth?

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:26 PM ----------

I have noticed a red color paint spread all inside the mudguad and slightly over the body paint like spray(edge of mudguard and door). I beleive i have run over some paint bottles during my recent drive..i just tried to remove one dot using my nail lightly.. I see it is going.. but need an expert advise to remove the paint marks without paint damage.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I use nanowax , slightly on the expensive side but believe me its one hell of a wax.
    really really good. The best part is, even after successive washes I can feel that the wax is still there . This is after its been driven around in dusty conditions and rain.
    It also gives an extremely wet look to the car that stays till the wax is there.
    Try it.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Where do you buy Nanowax, what is the brand name? Is it available online.
    I read good things about Mcguire and Colonirte something.
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Meguiar's and Collinite.

;)
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Thanks Gurjinder.

I got a Meguiar's Quick Detailer from 3M on Saturday and it is really helpful in removing Bird droppings. However, the 3M MF is not as good as the other one I bought called Xstatic.
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Thanks to the horrible 5th service at Fortune sakinaka, they have lleft ksom white paint dots on rear right door and wheel arch. I think it happened in their paint boothe while painting my Linea's front right door. Have to get rid of it. Thinking of using kerosene or nail polish remover.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Amit I am sure this can be done with rubbing compound . Are you sure kerosene or nail polish remover wont affect the clear coat /paint ? Kerosene would be a lighter choice than nail polish remover.
  9. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    A scratch removing/rubbing compound should do it.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 AM ----------

Some genius spat or stuck chewing gum on my bonnet and now I am struggling to remove it. Any suggestions?
    Sometimes I wish these losers had the balls to do these things right in front of me so I could at least enjoy beating the living crap out of them.
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Did it with rubbing compound. I have com-cut rubbing compound from compaint. Used it. Quite tough as I was hesitant to exert more force while rubbing. Never liked rubbing compound for its abrasiveness. Reluctantly used it it removed most of the white paint spots. Left it after sometime as it was difficult for me having problem of bad back(ache).