1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY -- Automated Cabin FootLight

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, May 7, 2011.

1. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    the pictures at the back are below the seat on both the sides is the same
    and in the boot near the boot light area.(mine is emotion variant)

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg
    Last edited: May 18, 2011
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Stallion..regarding the boot light, can you please tell me how you removed the bulb. I was able to slide the bulb casing backwards, but it was not coming out. Is it the right way ?
  3. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Need to use a small size screw driver to press the lock inside the casing.
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanks mate..Hope I wont break it.. :)
  5. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    be careful its not ca very strong plastic and can break if extra pressure is used.
  6. Nice Idea to light up the boot - I agree with Viny that the whole point is to have the lights "not visible" - In fact, I was thinking of "extending" the original idea to replace the tail lamps & make them red LED - like the AUDI :)
    So many people attempting it gives me much more confidence to follow the DIY - Thanks Guys.

@ Viny, one query - Did you use the Tubular one? I saw the strip type at the electrical shop nearby (He didn't have stock of the tubular one). Was having a concern with using the exposed strip for spillage of water etc (especially in the rear seats)

Can some one point out where I can order the strips online?
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Sekar..you can order it online..In fact I had ordered it online from E-bay and it is a waterproof one and it has got even good looks. I am yet to fix it on the car.
    (http://cgi.ebay.in/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160581389278&ssPageName=ADME:B:PPOPN:IN:1123 ) . This is blue strip. The seller has even got white ones and they cost you around 199 for 2 pieces. Packet contains 1 pair strip.
  8. Once again a great thread from you viny, keep it up.
  9. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Viny,

I think the foot well LED lights can not be lit up when the door are closed, as you have connected the wires directly. Am I right? can you clarify this.
    Last edited: May 19, 2011
  10. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    One can light up the LED's , if we manually switch on the map-lights[cabin lights] !!!!!
    Last edited: May 19, 2011