1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY -- Automated Cabin FootLight

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, May 7, 2011.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @ Viny... noooo... dont tell me you are going to come up with disco lights...:) you will be declared as our official TEMPTER :) hi hi ..I am still waiting to for the LED strip...Feels like a long wait.. Thanks a lot for the detailed DIY.
  2. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    Viny, I got to tell you i am really inspired by you. i shall soon post the pics as soon as i finish my DIY - automated cabin footlight.
    Last edited: May 13, 2011
  3. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    +1 to viny, i agree the beauty to these lights are when they are hidden and light up the floor when you open the door. i just wannted to ask what is the maximum amount of light that can be connected to the source from where you have taken the connnection from.its just for my knowledge so that i dont endup blowing up my fuse.
  4. Dilip_dmk

Dilip_dmk Superiore

Delhi, India
    New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Are these LED stips connected in parallel to each other ???
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Had, I bought punto, i might have gone with that disco lights, but will not mess up with elegance of Linea :D Alternately I would not mind using a smoke machine to generate cold smoke upto knee level height (seat height). Giving a feeling of seating on top a cloud :D with some diffused lights making up the ambiance :)

Look forward to see your version :)
    And I am not sure how much load this could take up, my first guess is that a fuse of 10 Amp must be in place. I have not checked, so kindly do ensure that you check if you plan to use anything over those two led strips, that are doing there job in my car from last 1 year or so.

Yups parallel.
  6. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    Here goes my version of DIY - automated cabin footlight.
    comments & suggestions are welcome.
    1.) driver side
    2.) co-driver side
    3 & 4.) back passanger seat L & R respectively.
    5.) I managed to light up the boot too.

P5170001.jpg

P5170002.jpg

P5170003.jpg

P5170004.jpg

P5170006.jpg
  7. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Can you post the pics with lights off & where exactly have you placed the LED for back seat & boot?
    Last edited: May 17, 2011
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Placed very practically. Seems you had used white & blue /violet combination.. I am just worried about the total load..Hope it wont give you any bad impact..
  9. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Now spill out the details :)
  10. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    i have used violet just for the driver side rest all ar white.ad i dont think threre should be much load..lets see if i face some problem i will let u'll know...and the conection for boot light is taken from the boot light (mine is emotion variant) just removed the bullb and pluged in the two wires of the led strip.