1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY -- Automated Cabin FootLight

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, May 7, 2011.

1. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    @tron,

It is white led. Due to capture image it was seen blue.

@klub class,

thank you.

I am done it when I was post. But thinking that how to explain ? That is consumed time. also editing in pic.

BR.
  2. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @Prihir...U mean to say you had used only white LED ?? Esplly the 1st & 4th snap..I really thought you had used combination of white & blue ...Great job done and I liked the way you had arranged it on the rear and it looks superb with lights on..but on day light the strip looks a bit awkward..Just be careful with small kids if they are seated on the rear. I had ordered for blue strips...Now you are tempting me to do it on the rear also ..:)
  3. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    @cinju, yes there is only white LED, not in combination. I have taken all snap in night, without flash with lights on and with flash with lights off. That's why colure has change form white to blue in some image. I will post more snap to clear it, which take in day time. In night in rear it is very use full for clear vision on flour. My motto is that only, But when I saw light in front side form Viny's post then thinking for front side installation. In morning lights switch off manually during day time. I have taken very close up pictures, that's why looking awkward, in real no body identify this strip in day time. It's very small. :)

You are right about small kids, but it may care.

BR.
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanks Viny for the detailed explanation and inspiring us to implement this.
    +1 That is one advantage of LED over CFL other than low power consumption. They can almost replicate the behavior of incandescent lamps in decoration light behavior.

I am also planning for lighting up the cabin, but not so good when it comes to DIY in electronics. I am waiting for you to do this and then make an attempt myself. Cinju, I am looking forward to your help and guidance.
  5. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    @Roy J, you are right it is difficult in DIY. I am also get help form a person who work in CAR ACCESSORIES Dep. in TASS, because my main requirement is rear foot light, and Viny done only front , We both are work together and done all things. We consumed 4 and half hour for it. Front co-driver seat have to remove.

I am purchased all things from TASS ACCESSORIES Dep. Cost is Rs. 400.

BR.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    @ Roy..even I am not good in electronics..but would definitely be doing it...I am regularly in touch with my electronics guru ..'VINY'.. Am waiting for the ordered strips. Will meet you soon with the stuff ..
  7. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanks prihir, I was wondering how the routing of wire to the rear was achieved.
    Cinju, I want to be with you when you work on this.
  8. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Roy.. I will be doing it only for the front..We'll do it on any week end..Will surely keep you informed..Even I will be happy if there is someone to share the pain..
  9. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    All these LED's are avail in TASS:eek:when did TASS started selling these deco items:confused:

thought these things were available only in electric shops/JC road(B'lore)

BTW what would be the cost of Linea cabin light assembly & Punto active cabin light assembly?
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    @Phir: Great going, I am glad that I could be of any help in cherishing your dreams.

The whole mantra of this DIY is in figuring out the right connection to get connected. It took me a lot of time to understand how the entire circuit is drawn and how the current passes through it. I didnt plug off the battery power, was working on live current and did touched the metal once to realize that its all live circuit. But finally the jugad bhudi worked out, as i used to play a lot those find the best route gigs/puzzles in children's magazine. :p and got the right connections. Once you get the power line connect, now its your wish where you want to have the replicated light install, be it in front or be it in rear or in ceiling, all you got to do is pull the wire and connect to the main connector thats been pulled out cabin light.

Beauty of floor lighting comes when you hide the source and just fillup the area with indirect light. Front faced glittering led looks good for few seconds, there after its pain for eyes.

Just ensure that you not connecting to many lights, else you would blow up the fuse :p

And you know what a small audio sense controller connected to the led circuit will convert this lights into disco lights which will blink based on music and beats :p
    Last edited: May 12, 2011