1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY -- Automated Cabin FootLight

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, May 7, 2011.

1. Awesome DIY tutorial, I must say. Having read this tutorial, I'm trying hard to convince my dad to do this DIY stuff. :D

Viny, I would appreciate if you let me know whether it's possible to fit the two red laser like lights(in the cabin light of Fiat Linea) in our Fiat Punto's cabin light? :D
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Believe in yourself :)

Thanks for appreciation, Jugaad is our birth right :p

Thanks, I look forward to your ideas :)

Cool, await your version of same :)

Time to move into new venture i guess :p
    Its all Jugaad, noting pro here :D

Thanks

Thanks, be at your ease :)

Thanks, Can you tell me more about laser lights, its power consumption and other additional details. I would be in better position to answer.
  3. It's my bad that I didn't provide you more information.

I'm talking about the lights that I've encircled in this image, taken by you. :p

For the record, these lights are not provided in Fiat Punto and I envy the Fiat Linea owners very badly. :p

9.jpg
    Last edited: May 10, 2011
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    @klubclass

Do you mean the 'diffused lighting led's ' which give out an orange glow?

@viny
    Can led's dim out like bulbs?
    Or do they just switch on and off?

Gurjinder.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Awesome work Viny, You're a star

Excellent write-up as well, Hoping to get this done over this weekend when I've no work to do.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Well that has to be taken up as a seperate DIY. Easier way would be to buy out the cabin light of linea and replace your existing punto one. I am just guessing that it would work out that way, i am not sure if punto connector cables carry additional informations on when to activate those lights or not.

Led replicates the cabin light behaviour 100% :) They dim out like the bulbs :)

I am better being earthian than being a star, you know what stars cant drive linea in space :d
  7. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    White led with cup holder for rear seat

Here is my Automated cabin footlight modification.

Thank you Viny. I am follow your instructions step by step as per your advice.

My English is weak so I cant explain like you.

CO DIRVER SIDE.jpg

BELOW GLOBOX.jpg

CUP HOLDER COVER.jpg

DRIVER SIDE.jpg

LED.jpg

LED 1.jpg

CUP HOLDER -1.jpg

AT NIGHT.jpg

CO DRIVER NIGHT.jpg

CO DRIVER 1.jpg

DRIVER NIGHT.jpg

DRIVER NIGHT 1.jpg

FROM REAR SEAT.jpg
    Ravi likes this.
  8. prihir

prihir Amatore

Jamnagar
    Automated with Cabinlight. Check here.

BR.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  9. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @prihir , great work..can you tell me if your LEDs are white in shade or blue??
  10. Thank you Viny. :)

Let me try whether replacing the current one with a cabin light of Fiat Linea will work or not. But...I need to get Linea's cabin light before carrying out this experiment and this is my dad's car. :(

Thus, I would appreciate if you let me know more about the above mentioned DIY stuff. :)

Prihir, I bet you're the first one to attempt this DIY, leaving aside Viny. Thanks a lot for sharing the detailed images. :)

EDIT: I just noticed that you've shared the video too. Once again, thanks a lot Prihir.

How much did the LED strip cost altogether?
    Last edited: May 11, 2011