1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY -- Automated Cabin FootLight

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, May 7, 2011.

1. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Guys please help me with point two. I need to do the setup today. Got the wires and connecter but can't find a way to pass the wires from co passenger seat to driver seat. I don't see any gap between those to do so.
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Bend your back, get inside the foot well and see the base of dashboard, there is ample space for an elephant to move from left to right. :D
  3. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    I did. May be I need to bend more let me try tomorrow again.
  4. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    vista7155 and pronoy_banerjee like this.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

Well done, why dont you post the images here in continuity with the thread :)
    And also share how you went about it, sharing is learning :)
    pra.agar likes this.
  6. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    This is my Second DIY.
    I always wanted to have footlights in my car. After going through the thread (Read the instructions & disclaimer carefully) and having my Q's answered I visited JC Road(Bangalore) to get the LED Lights. Enquired for the best options and this is what I found for Rs 500/- for LED and as I wanted a Double tap bought one for Rs 100/-

img_20140927_141200-jpg.72783

The Next job was to get the wires and connecter's for the wires. Visited a local shop and explained him that It was for a Car that need to illuminate a 12v LED lights and has to be ISI marked cables. He suggested an Anchor Cable with ISI mark in it and it was single core, so bought 7 mts, 3 jointer and a tape.

Completed the task by 3 Hrs approx.
    Steps followed
    1) Removal of Battery Cables ( As instructed -ve first, +ve second)
    2) Connected to the Roof Lights ( Used left roof lights +ve end and right roof lights -ve end, as instructed)
    3) Cables extended to co-passenger and driver foot area.
    4) Connected LED for trial and reconnected the battery again to check if the connections were proper ( Followed re-connection instruction, +ve first, -ve second)
    5) Once satisfied, again removed the battery cables and wrapped all the joints with tape for no loose points.
    6) And I was all done by 3:30 PM!

Final Result

img_3852-jpg.72784

img_3851-jpg.72785

img_3849-jpg.72786

img_3848-jpg.72787

img_3856-jpg.72788

Impression
    1) In daylight it does look good but the best comes out in night hours.
    2) Illuminate the entire Front seating area. Once's the doors are open it becomes center of attraction ;)
    3) But the best part is, it creates a cool :cool: atmosphere and mood. Makes me feel calm and cheerful :joyful::happy:

Mod : Image's are not uploaded again. Pulled from my actual post.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Looks uber cool :)
    Great going !!!
    Enjoy and have fun ...
    pra.agar likes this.
  8. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hello,
    Can we add one more roof light @ the rear parallel to the existing front cabin light? will the wiring will be same as Parantap's diagram? Will there be any error seen ?

Regards,

Kiran
  9. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    pra.agar likes this.
  10. Sapam

Sapam Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Just a thought. Have it crossed to anyone's mind about using PWM circuit for the dimming of LED strip.
    As far as I know the PWM provides the best dimming performance on LEDs. The Color Spectrum remains the same with PWM as it provides the max forward current for the LEDs.
    The reason I asked is because, LED performs and last longer if used at the specified voltage.
    If the dimmer is using the drop of current but the voltage remain same then, there is no need to do pulse wave modulation.