1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY -- Automated Cabin FootLight

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, May 7, 2011.

1. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    Thanks Viny, :)

1. We did remove the negative terminal.
    2. Although we have connected the wire to one bulb, we routed the black one over the white cover. I hope the cover shields the wire from too much heat.
    3. The wires are translucent ones with one side wire striped green. they were not cheap at 8/meter and are pretty hard.
    4. We taped the the couplers with insulation tape and used 3m tape to stick it to the body.
    1 person likes this.
  2. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Hi,
    I also completed the foot light for front side and the picture will be followed shortly and I went for warm white colour led. And the total cost is around 200Rs.
    @pronoy
    Can you please guide me how you have done for rear side,if possible kindly post the picture of led placement and also pictures of the wire to rear seat.Daytime pictures will be better.
    Thanks in advance
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2014
  3. AbhijitRC

AbhijitRC Timido

Pune,MH
    I tried it over the weekend and with a couple of weeks of preparation, took me a couple of hours to get it done. Very satisfying two hours i must say.
    And it looks better in the night!!
    I think i`ll tape over a few bits of black insulation tape to reduce the brightness.

altAn_RwLE4xrgt7JP3vP62Rl3JjHGztiv1vya8LTMd9Hba.jpg

WP_20140920_19_09_34_Pro.jpg
  4. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    Hello Vista7155,

The wiring for the rear seats were taken from the same wire that comes to the sides,
    i put it from inside the sills,
    1. unscrew the sill plastic.
    2. route the wires.
    3. stick the LED under the seats.

Note: The LED's under the front seats don't stick well and come off very soon. They need to have some play so the wire is exposed.

I am planning to take them off.
  5. himanshu4886

himanshu4886 Regolare

Ahmedabad
    Linea 1.3
    Nice thread. Very informative and this is the first mod I had thought for my ride.

I want to do it with amber colour that will complement the stock lighting. After reading this, I think I can do it now.

Will have to find amber water proof led and connector..

Great work. I think the next should be led under body and within tyres to make a perfect drifting car.
    pronoy_banerjee likes this.
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Go ahead and give it a try
    DIY is way of life :)
  7. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Hi Viny,
    Last week I changed my Roof Lights to LED. There was a small issue of light being in a Little Lit state when the Doors were closed, so as explained in a thread in TFI, I used a 0.25 watt Resistor and that solved the Issue.
    LED Used with a 0.25 watts Color code was (Brown, Blue or Green (not able to make) , Red and Gray). Bought each LED for Rs 110 and Each Resistor for Rs 5 from JC Road.
    ETS_3.jpg
    End result
    IMG_20140921_213641.jpg

IMG_20140921_213655.jpg
    Now I'm planning to do a DIY for the FootLight. I've noted down the Battery instruction, the wire quality and the taking care of all loose ends. Please add anything else I need to take care of before starting?
    I was wondering
    1) Can I use the same above LED or the LED Strip would be a good Idea.
    2) As you can see the wire used in the Above LED is not that good. Do u think I should remove it?
    3) How do we stick this things to the Foot space? 3M double tape or some other way?
    4) Can I just use a normal wire connectors to extend the wires from passenger to Driver seat?
    5) Does it also void any warranty? as my punto is just 6 months old and due for its first service. Should I do it after I have completed the First service?

TIA
    prihir and pronoy_banerjee like this.
  8. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    Answers in Bold
    pra.agar likes this.
  9. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    Hi Pronoy,
    Thanks for the information.
    Any how i also thought in similar directions but when we inspect the passenger seat there is no plastic place to stick the LED.
    if we stick to the fabrics it will come out after some days.
    So am not going for rear seats and apart from LED sticking issue there will be movement of the seats it may damage the wire in my opinion.
    I hope will get better place so that we can avoid the above issue in coming days.
  10. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    Two more things.
    1) I asked for wires in electrical shop. First of all, all the shops keepers had that weird face when I asked saying I needed it for car wiring. So their next Q was what gauze and what kinda wire. And does it need to be ISI certified. Because somewhere I read it was 5 rs meter wire used for the same. I don't think thats a ISI certified wire. And will 3 mtr be enough ? Can I have the pic of the wire and connector so that I can show that to the shop guy to be sure.

2) How to take the wire from co-passengers seat to drivers. I don't see any gap where in I can pass the wire? A pic would be of great help.

And ya I bought a LED Daylight running lights for 500 Rs. I think this should do the job pretty good.

b16e27aed27aa611615b561073eb66a7.jpg