1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY -- Automated Cabin FootLight

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, May 7, 2011.

1. pronoy_banerjee

pronoy_banerjee Amatore

Pune
    Read it, That's pretty scary..
    Will keep that in mind.
    2 people like this.
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    It's really really scary, thanks for highlighting it.
  3. autowierdo

autowierdo Amatore

Pune
    Pronoy, nice and detailed writeup of the whole process. It was meeting Channa, tinesh and Kedar. Also the TJet drive left me gasping for more. What a power! Looking forward to make my beauty glow too :)
    2 people like this.
  4. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Absolute stunner Pronoy!
    Hope to get it in the third phase at least.

A bit of a correction here, the Linea has a rear cabin light unlike the Punto.

Sent from my A111 using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Wonderful DIY Pronoy and co. Those lights are looking really nice.

Want to ask a few "Smaller yet significant things" :p

01. Do these lights also do the theatre dimming along with the cabin lights?
    02.Do all the cars have same number of LEDs installed? The Linea in third pic seems to have lesser LEDs (I liked that pic the most actually, to be honest)
    2 people like this.
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Yes yashik, it has the same dimming effect as the wires are routed from cabin light only.

Regarding the linea LEDs , no all have the same no of LEDs. I think you are seeing less light probably because of the rear cabin light and couple of inches of extra space as compared to punto.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    4 people like this.
  7. me_at_fiat

me_at_fiat Regolare

Mumbai, Pune
    @ Pronoy and Channa...Thanks Guys!!!

Special Thanks for Rakesh's wife.::T

After putting so much efforts, no water, no food, with the help of two 500ml Coke bottle... at the end of the day I was still smiling and was damn happy.
    Totally loved the DIY and the time we spent together..DIY session and the special photography session with pronoy, Channa and Rakesh. till date I had never been involved in any kind of photo shoots. So, this was a really a great learning experience.

We had started from home around 10.30 am and reached back at 11.00 Pm. When i reached home i was so damn hungry, but then saw a message from Amit that they would like to see the end result of DIY.
    So once again drove out and met other TFIans.. had a great time here too. By the time we left it was almost 12.00pm!!! reached home and eat like a monster:devil..my wife looked at me and actually asked me "Are you all right??":evilsmile

All in all thumbs up...for countless times!!!!!:up

Also we learnt that...No FIAT car is similar ...lol...seems like they are made to Order!!!!! LOL
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    3 people like this.
  8. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Guys...
    Your hard work paid off... Your individual rides are looking beautiful... And I am sure the cabin must be very lively now...
    Channa... One more ice cream party is pending from your side... :-D
    Chalo Naturals..

Cheers... :up

Neel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2 people like this.
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Neel Bhai, I am counting :p
    You will definitely get a dip in naturals :-d
    1 person likes this.
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Good going guys :)
    Few comments

1. Page 2 clearly states removal of negative terminal before starting the process.
    2. Picking on positive and negative from same side of bulb has high chances of heating up the wire as bulb generates ample heat and one of the end has to pass close to it. You can note the effect of heat on the white cover, which has turn brown/yellow. Thus pulling it from one from each bulb as shown on second page safe guards it against heat issues.
    3. I see that the wire used for connections as shown in pic 5, are those cheap transparent plastic wires, often used as low end audio wires. These are prone to internal oxidation resulting into broken connectivity. (its just an observation from pic, i might be wrong). Please use proper electrical grade wires.
    4. And when ever possible please tape the connectors. As the screws can still be used as power source and can be result in unwanted short circuit in unseen conditions.

Enjoy your DIY's and its results.
    And thanks for sharing your detailed experience, it helps and motivates others :)
    4 people like this.