1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY -- Automated Cabin FootLight

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, May 7, 2011.

1. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Hello guys,

I see that everyone in this thread routed wires towards the left door. Is there a wiring duct towards the right door/fuse box from the cabin light area?
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Same can be done on right side to, but left side has junction box, so it easy to route through, and since there are no other wires like fusebox in right, its easy to pull the wire from left side.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Thanks Viny,

I understand the ease of routing from the left for the footwell lights but thats not what im trying to do. I need to power a gadget near the IRVM and do not want wires hanging from the ciggy lighter. So, im trying to tap power from the fuse box and route wiring through the roof ducts. I still need to check if there is a "ground" that i can use around the fuse box though.

VJ
  4. Viny

Viny Esperto

vj v1, i think there is power right up there in the centeral light console. you can take 12v source directly from there. Just check it as we can use manual switches to on and off the lights.
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    What are you upto buddy?
  6. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Do you know if the power source is ignition switch controlled? The Cabin lights work without the ignition switch, that's what make me wonder. A manual switch is a PITA.

I knew this was coming :). Nothing as of now Sir, Just chewing the cud for the future.
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. Viny

Viny Esperto

Nopes its not ignition controlled switch, as you can put on the lights even without putting the keys in :)
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    hmm.. that is an interesting thought. I could use it too and free up my ciggy lighter.
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Nice DIY Viny. Hoping to do this someday.

BTW, I was interested in the Linea's cabin light, but was put off for the price. Nearly 2.8k for the light alone. :eek: (For the B&M version with Mic)
  10. Fayad

Fayad Amatore

Tvm
    I took one connection from each bulb to either sides, its the same on both sides..

Wondering if we can make use of this somehow to power dashcams.. they take power from micro/mini usb ports so voltage required would be 5volts but we are getting 12volts
    yea. the orange leds were goodlooking.. dropped the plans after hearing the price :|