1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY -- Automated Cabin FootLight

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, May 7, 2011.

1. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore

Arent the push to off switch easily available with any Autocop installer? I had a issue with my Autocop (rodents), after doing the wiring I asked for a switch. He said this is only service and we dont install anything, but gave the switch to me for free
  2. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Yes can be done, just take a second pair of wire from dickey light slot, use that to power up leds.
    Take care that you ensure that only method is used at a time, either use the cabin light mechanism or use the dickey light mechanism, dont combine both without spliter.
  3. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    Awesome!

Idea I have in mind (More likely will get it done by a electrician):
    1) Cabin light mechanism to illuminate foot wells, possibly including rear - This obviously is more for show off
    2) Dickey illumination.
    Setup 1# Would make it to work like - Ignition should be on, should be in parking light/meter light or healdight on position + dickey opened (push to off switch), only then illumination should happen.
    Setup 2# Practically, it should be a direct connection to battery. I mean even with ignition off, if I open the dickey with key, it should illuminate. I am scared of this option because if the push to off switch malfunctions, it may drain the battery. If the push to off switch can be trusted very well, then this setup would be my preferred one.

So from your post, for option 2, if I choose setup 1, if one of the doors is open (which more likely would be as key will be in ignition and I may not want to take risk of leaving the key and be locked out + I have the auto windows roll) and then open dickey, lights within cabin + dickey will be ON. So I need a splitter as per you. Please educate me what this splittter is. I dont understand much of these (Weak in electricals and tronics lol)
  4. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    hey viny,

how to fit the LED strip at the driver side?
    do we need to have another set of wires to be attached for it ?

Thanks,
    Sanket

5. sushilbiddu

sushilbiddu

Karnal
    You can take wire behind stereo to other side i.e steering side.
  6. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    Whats a splitter?

Anyone guys? Anyone tried such a setup?

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Also, with respect to the load, let me know if there could be any issues with any of the below mentioned setups
    1) Source power from cabin light and have total of 4-5 LED white strips (Flexible 24-LED Light Strip for Car (DC 12V) - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX). 3 strips in cabin and 2 in dickey, pulling the power all the way till dickey.
    2) Source power for from cabin light for 2-3 LED white strips (Flexible 24-LED Light Strip for Car (DC 12V) - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX) and source power from dickey light

3 and 4 are replica of 1 and 2, just using a different blue LED strip

3) Source power from cabin light and have total of 4-5 LED white strips (1.2W 24-LED Car DIY Flexible Blue Light Strip (12V / 24cm) - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX). 3 strips in cabin and 2 in dickey, pulling the power all the way till dickey.
    4) Source power for from cabin light for 2-3 LED white strips (1.2W 24-LED Car DIY Flexible Blue Light Strip (12V / 24cm) - Worldwide Free Shipping - DX) and source power from dickey light

Again, if a splitter is needed, what does it do and where can I get one? :)

Note: Around 2-3 Palios and 1 Punto might be going in for these setups. Any information/guidance is well appreciated :)
  7. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    Knock! Knock!! Knock!!!

Anyone there? :)

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Major misinformation in last couple of my posts. There is no dickey light in Palio. So need to make a new mechanism with push to off switches.
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Since you dont have dickey light, so no router/spliter required.
    As far as load is concern it should not be an issue, but do place in a fuse in between.
    Also add the strips sequentially and not at one go.

For dickey do check it should have default sensor in lock, which gives back feed back to MID, where you see boot open indication :)
    Hope this helps.
  9. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    For Palio's there is no MID nor any indication for dickey unlock state :) Consider it as a vanilla Maruti 800 system

Ony the front door has push to off switches and cabin light stays on until doors are closed. Rear doors dont have this.

So am assuming, addition of push to off switch is mandatory for Palio dickey light
  10. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Wiring Help

Inspired by one of the longest running DIY threads on TFI , I have decided to add blue LEDs to my Linea's dome ligths and blue SMD strips in the footwell. This being my first DIY ever :D , would request the experts to validate the wiring diagram below. Thanks for your help :)

wiring.JPG
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.