1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY -- Automated Cabin FootLight

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, May 7, 2011.

1. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Tron, I hope you get an idea from this pic. Ill however take another pic to show where exactly its placed.
    Pic 6.JPG
    2 people like this.
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    @Prajith, i can see LED strips under dash but only that much LEDs making such massive illumination? Cause even your headliner is getting illuminated! Or you have attached strips somewhere else too?

Also i could see your roof lamp bit white. You made it or its just cause of photo editing bro?
  3. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Prajith boss, Your frequency of doing modifications is exceeding your frequency of crunching miles I think:mrgreen:.Looks awesome bro.
    1 person likes this.
  4. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @Tron, Its not edited. The illumination is due to the blue plastic sheet on the roof lamp. :)
  5. pammuluvcars

pammuluvcars Regolare

IN
    @Prajith: The seat covers (are they genuine leather or Art.?) look awesome. Where did you get that done? How much it cost you?
  6. Fiatfanboy

Fiatfanboy

Mumbai
    Love the work done by all. My bad is that i have punto Active so the light works only when driver side door is ajar. Not even passenger side door.
    Is there any way to get the door ajar warning for all doors. Had i known this would have taken a higher model.
  7. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    @ pammuluvcars - Thanks Buddy. The seat covers is art done from Ovion in Bangalore. It costed me Rs 9500.
    @ Fiatfanboy - Even I have Active, but cabin light works for both passenger side door and driver side doors. For back doors I think there must be option to fix additional sensors, you can check with FIAT service.
  8. sushilbiddu

sushilbiddu

Karnal
    Great and excellantly explained. We all should share these tips.
  9. funkykar

funkykar BANNED

Bangalore
    Is there a dickey automatic light DIY? I would love to have such a thing. When you open the dickey, it should illuminate automatically. Does a door jam switch slip in easily?
  10. sushilbiddu

sushilbiddu

Karnal
    Done. Looks awesome as I have used bright white LED stip.

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

Yes. This is very much possible. I am after it but very hard to find "PUSH TO OFF" switch. If you find it tell me. I will make it in dickey and bonnet. If you are in Delhi then one can be found in Lajpat Rai Market.

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

One thing more. You can use a 3 way switch to change to always on on battery and other with cabin light function. Isn't it viny???

I am elex and comm. engg. and techyy so maybe I can contribute.