1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY -- Automated Cabin FootLight

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, May 7, 2011.

1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    great work done. you have tempted me to fit them in my car as well. looks really nice and functional also when you drop something in there.
  2. Coming from You, it's a compliment - Thanks!! :wow

In fact, I am not fully satisfied with the passenger rear (the one where I stuck the LEDs onto a metal rod. It's much higher, (I am sure you will understand what I mean) so light doesn't reach till the rear seat :confused:

I was right in judging that the strips have to be perpendicular to the road (or parallel to the width of the car) but I think I have missed on the height. Will post 2 pictures from another angle which will show clearly what I mean. Till I figure out how to rectify it, these will stay! :wink:
  3. pemmasg

pemmasg Regolare

Chennai
    Shekar,

Somehow I too have fixed this @ rear. Let us meet some day possibly in the evening to visually measure the intensity of light. Please note that the light will stay down as we have stuck the strips to the bottom of the seat, which is nearer to the footmat in comparision to the front, whereas we have enough height at the front so that the light can be splashed to a larger area.

This idea may be a bit crazy. How abt rear Cabin Light at the roof??

-Gopi
  4. Continuing my earlier post, this is the image I was having in mind. As it can be seen, light on the passenger rear is cut off while it spreads more on the driver side.
    IMG_0757.jpg

@Gopi,
    We can meet anytime. Let me know
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I see the issue, will bend my back to check out under the seat on this sunday, lets see if some jugaad can be done here :)
  6. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Thanks Viny, now I have my own Automated Cabin Foot Light. Never thought I could do this. Inspired by all who have done it.

Expense Details:
    1 m - Blue LED strip - Rs 200 (from JC road. But 5 m was only Rs 650)
    5 m - Electric wire - Rs 40
    Soldering - Rs 20
    Labor - Free :) (thanks to Viny and TFI)
    Total Cost: Rs 260

Pic 5.JPG Pic 1.JPG Pic 2.JPG Pic 3.JPG Pic 4.JPG
    1 person likes this.
  7. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    man o man! Sexy! Yeh, just one word for that! @Prajith, bro those blue lamps looking uber-cool & those 3D mats make that work look more sexy! Way to go bro!

Can you post some pics showing exact position of your LED strips? Cause you've achived pretty high area illuminated by those LEDs.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Prajith-

No words.....COOOOLLLLLLL:)

OT: Can you let me know the cost, place brought from & Brand details of 3D mats
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  9. Prajith

Prajith Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I got it from Torque, Jeevanbheema Nagar. It costed me Rs 4000 and am not sure of the brand. I thought 3D was the brand name.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Prajith, Your Punto have a classic look. Great!
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
    1 person likes this.