1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY -- Automated Cabin FootLight

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, May 7, 2011.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Yes Roy..Even I had fixed one more on the driver side as well beneath the old one. This one looks cool when lighted in the dark. Now my only concern is about my little fellow..I dont know when he is going to grab the whole thing :)
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    I had tried these led's on my logan's doors like foot lights. Here are a few pics of that. and yea for the interior light also.

P1627[01]_27-02-10.jpg

P1625_27-02-10.jpg
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Jishu: Cool one, infact i was thinking of placing 9 leds bulb on the bottom part of each door, so that when a door is opened, the light could glow and could provide some brightness for person putting his leg out :D
  4. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    I want puddle warning lamps as well. Have been thinking about this as DIY, hope to shake off the laziness and try it soon.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    warning lamps???
  6. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    There are two independent sources that are coming into the cabin lights (direct & regulated-door opening logic). Be carefull not to mix those two sources. On observation in the cicuit you could find two diodes which are actually isolating the two supplies. While working on the circuit only need to disconnect the white plug at the front right corner.
  7. PLease post a DIY for connecting the lamps to the door switch - Or you were saying as an extension of the footlight itself? How many LED (in terms of power) can be added to the same cabin light? Is there any restriction?
  8. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Back seat light

Hi All,

Had a plan of installing Punto Active(Single) cabin light assembly for back seat lighting. Check with TASS & found the cost Rs 520/-:eek: which was on higher side. Don't want to stick LED strip on C-pillars, hav seen friends swift & looks out of place.

Any other solution? :cry:
  9. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    See this is very easy stuff...The things you need are
    1)LED's
    2)Wire's (Atleast 10-15 Mtrs)
    Note: This was only for Logan as it did not have a light in the backseat.
    3)Time! :)

Connect them to your Roof lights through the rubber pads and roof pad.

Note:
    You need to open your door pads for inserting the wires from the holes inside the doors.

It is a 100Rs job. I'll suggest get it done by some electrician.

But this thing really helps!! :D