1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY -- Automated Cabin FootLight

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, May 7, 2011.

1. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Rizzou if you scroll though the 1st & 2nd pages you can get an even detailed DIY from Viny from whom myself, roy & others were inspired. It is connected to the cabin light bulb holder.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Rizzou, As Cinju suggested, checkout the earlier posts in this thread. If you look at the fifth picture in my post, you can see where the wire is connected. That is the cabin light holder with the bulbs removed. After hooking up the wires, I just put the bulbs back in place. The wire is then run through the gap between roof and the roof lining up to the A-Pillar and then taken down beside the glove box and under it. Then it is crossed over to the driver side through the gap behind the center console.
  3. grey_hound

grey_hound Amatore

Pune
    Did you put up the LEDs on all the insides OR just the front passenger ? Would be interesting to have it all through the car front and back ;)

Good DIY tip though...

Cheers
  4. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I have put it only for the foot wells for front passenger and driver side. Some others have done it for the back seat as well.
  5. Stallion

Stallion

Pune
    sorry guys for going off topic.......i noticed some thing during this DIY programme in my car.the accelerator pedal is made of strong ABS plastic. this was something new to me till now how many ever cars i have drivn i have not seen a accelerator pedal made of plastic it was always metal.....any ideas why in fiat it is so.....
  6. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    some awesome implementation seen, and i know based on inquiries that i got there are many more coming up, great to see some color inside the beauty :D
  7. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Thanks Viny for your wonderful idea and detailed writeup. Seems you are a bit off from TFI ..Are you in the process of doing any new cool stuff ??
  8. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    I am @ TFI :)
    Its just i was a bit passive, going through all the active fun of group meets etc.
    Well about new things, you already know about the automation project, it needs lot of time, fund and grey matter, which is scarce so trying to build it up :)
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  9. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Just did a small addition to my current setup. Let the pics do the talking..

This is the only thing which looks slightly awkward.
    12062011404.jpg 12062011407.jpg 12062011402.jpg 12062011401.jpg 12062011400.jpg 12062011403.jpg
  10. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    Good. Now there must be more light inside.