1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY -- Automated Cabin FootLight

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Viny, May 7, 2011.

1. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Automated Cabin FootLight

This DIY enables ample cabin foot light, which not only helps in ingress and exgress to passenger and driver in night time, but it also looks uber cool :) It operates similarly to how the main cabin lights works. That is when user opens the door the footlight will automatically glow up, and will dim off in few seconds when the door is closed. Similarly if based on your operations on cabin light switch the led foot lights will behave exactly the same way as the cabin light works.

The entire DIY doesnt require any wire cutting or any additional equipment to get this working :) And since I am able to do it, i guess most of us can do it :)

Stuffs required

1. 3meter wire (approx)
    2. 2pcs of 24 Led (or more) strips.

Result

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Sorry for poor quality of pics, there was to much light outside to capture any decent shot. It looks much better in complete darkness.

A detailed set of steps and pics about how to go for it coming very soon ...
    Feel free to share you comments, views and feedbacks.
  2. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Wow its looks cool buddy,
  3. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    looks cool. waiting for further steps :)
  4. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    This is what we are lookin for.....Let's do it buddy..... Eagerly waiting for the steps
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    great work. orange gels with the console lighting.
  6. Great work, I am also contemplating this however more for the rear seats. The rears seats are pretty dark in GP with the dome lights more for the front seat. Looking forward to the DIY steps.
  7. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    I like it..... How do you power them.... any effect on warrenty??
  8. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3
    indeed great work... Looks really good.. And it goes well with the interior lighting of the car
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Well done, Viny. :up Waiting for step-by-step DIY details.
  10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Awaiting the details or step by step guide.. looks fab enjoy ur innovation cheers