1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY attempt at wrapping the roof black

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by halfclutch, Oct 8, 2012.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Nice DIY there Naveen and it looks very clean. Liked the Italian stripes as well, now paint the OVRM's to something cool.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Hey Teky,

The ORVMs are gonna turn Red soon. Thought of getting a new set of mirror caps and painting them red. I checked concorde and tafe and they said they have only the Left ORVM in stock. VST did have both of them but they said they don't do over the counter sales. So have to paint my existing ORVMs if I'm not able to source them next week. Now I know how difficult it is to source a FIAT spare :p
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I am also thinking on the same lines but my car is black, so was wondering if a white/black chequered flag design would suit my car.
    Any ideas guys?
  4. halfclutch

halfclutch Amatore

mumbai
    Yes dude go with white one that should look good.. anyway if u dont like it you can always revert to original :)
  5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    NOOOOOO ... You car is a looker in its current avatar... Please dont spoil it by overdoing it with white in between, especially since you are going by black in red theme...

Hey, The DIY looks flawless, kudos.
    Why dont you try something else, as you can see a lot of puntos with red mirrors. since you already have the italian flag theme in your car, paint the mirror caps also in the red and green colours as in this palio s10 in cochin has? IMG_9640.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2012
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Yeah this is exactly what is keeping me away from a roof job as well..
    There is a very fine line which when crossed would make my car look vulgar
    1 person likes this.
  7. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    Wow, thats a good idea. If I paint my right ORVM green and the left one red and as my car is white it would be a perfect itali theme. Thanks for the idea Varun.
    1 person likes this.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    I've PM'd you some contact info which you can use to source from VST Motors itself. Just refer my name and you should be fine.

Also there are shops like Gautam Automobiles, SM Automobiles in GP Road who stock most of these stuff and almost half the price. I'll include those information in PM as well. Sourcing the spares is the last thing one needs to worry for a Fiat - It's the moolah :mrgreen:
  9. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

looks very neat and professional... nice work buddy..
    and happy to know i contributed..

---------- Post added at 01:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 PM ----------

I personally like cheqered roof.. but i think u have red abarth stripes... so.. that will be a bit odd..

---------- Post added at 01:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:38 PM ----------

Tekky can u PM the details to as well..

thanks.....
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2012
  10. OT: Teky, can you PM me the detail as well. I am looking for couple of spare parts, which both Concorde and Tafe are not helpful... :(