1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY: Armrest for Fiat Grande Punto

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by drapkarthik, Mar 13, 2012.

1. drapkarthik

drapkarthik Novizio

Bangalore
    Intially i wanted to get the arm rest of linea to be fitted. then having no options to cover the ac vent in rear came up with this idea.

Step wise instructions for Arm rest fitment in fiat grande Punto.

1. Take a Iron metal flap with 15mm thickness and 2 feet length with maximum breadth of 1.5 inches, would be available in welding shops/ body shops.

2. To one end of the metal rod drill a hole of 1/2 inch diameter, sufficient enough to let a 1/2 inch screw.

3. The other end must be bent facing the side wall of driver seat.

4. To the bent end weld a metal sheet with dimensions of 15 x 10cm.

5. Now polish the whole set removing rough patches of welding.

6. Get a compete wrap of the metal rod with PU suiting your seat cover.

7. Then stick velcro to the metal sheet on the top.

8. Now have to hunt for utility arm rest for Innova from automobile shops near you.

9. Attach velcro to the bottom of the arm rest .

10. Fix it above the attached metal sheet.

11. screw in the drilled part of the metal in between the front passenger seat belt lock, that completes your armrest.

Note make sure the metal sheet fits in between the two front seats freely permitting easy seat movements.
    This is how i got my arm rest done and have been using it for about 18 months now. hope it helps you guys.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2012
    6 people like this.
  2. thinkagain

thinkagain Timido

Srinagar
    Thanks .. I will try to do the same ,,
  3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is such a nice DIY you have done. The thread should have got more response than it has actually received.

But, I think you did not format the thread much. All the photos were pasted in a series rather than being placed top to bottom with space. I have edited the post and now moved the photos below the text with some spacing. Also, the last pics need to be rotated 90* before uploading.

If you have better photos, please upload them in this thread again, highlighting the steps you have mentioned. I will move them to first post, attaching them inline.
  4. rider60

rider60

hyderabad
    really nice DIY buddy, i too have some thing similar in mind, do wait for my ownership thread to come up i will be posting my design and idea of the arm rest thats even removable at will...

nice effort and result once again.
  5. pra.agar

pra.agar Regolare

Bangalore
    @drapkarthik where is bangalore did u get all this done. I would love to have one in my Punto.
  6. sidd

sidd Amatore

delhi
    awesome DIY, i wanted to read it earlier too buy was too lazy but finally read it. a very effective solution to those expensive linea arm rest and a good alternative to those cheap chinese ones.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    :A I keep feeling sorry for us of us mate. :(
    Make Old Linea Armster a standard component Fiat...:chair: "Humari Maange Poori Karo"
  8. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Well done Kartik - It's a great DIY you have there. How much time, effort & money did it cost you? It would be good info to have, for other members. Also, personally I did not like the choice of the color for the armrest. Could have been slightly better. Matching rest of the interiors, to be precise. Also, as PaddleShifter mentioned, more clear pictures are required. Start taking the shots from a distance and then zooming in to them from the same angle, so that people have a fair idea. Sometimes the pics look very confusing. Overall a great DIY.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    A great DIY by the OP. But I am not a big fan of any hurdle between the seats. Anyways the gear shifting is a pain and contantly pokes the co driver, adding an arm rest is going to make the gear shifting even more difficult. Sorry totally my personal views.
  10. kunwar.g

kunwar.g Superiore

Gurgaon
    Grande Punto 1.3