1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY: Air Filter Cleaning

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by kaps, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Just a small tip - when you open the airfilter blow air from the clean side to the dirty side i.e from engine side towards outside.
    2 people like this.
  2. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    I have a question in this regard. The bottom part contains the sponge. I guess the engine takes in air via the sides of the filter. So should we be blowing air on the sides or on the sponge side?

tasting the Italian delight!
  3. Italia-Linea

Pune
    For the sponge blow air from sides first. Also through the folded air element. The sponge should look clean. Never blow air from top of the filter. It burries the dust more into the filter and clogs the media.
    1 person likes this.
  4. lotanipara

lotanipara Timido

Bhubaneswar
    its very easy to clean air filter by a pair of pliers to open the three screws and then clean the filter with vaccum cleaner.
    1 person likes this.
  5. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    If we using Vacuum cleaner do we have to first use suction from dirty side and then blow from clean side? Is suction advisable?
  6. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Better to blow than suck. There is a danger of peeling off the sponge like material and it may go into the vacuum cleaner.
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Other than TASS, where can I buy a new air filter for the Punto? Do places like Carnation sell it? Or maybe online somewhere?
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    They should be having it, because they service FIATs.
  9. Italia-Linea

Pune
    Never suck. Just blow air.