1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY: Air Filter Cleaning

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by kaps, Apr 12, 2011.

1. sanjay_mugur

sanjay_mugur Timido

Bangalore
    always replace PAPER air filter's... its just a small price to pay to get back the nice feeling of pick-up....

once pores of PAPER air filters are blocked with dust & cannot be removed with pressurised air then the surface area for air to be filtered reduces causing less air to be sucked into in the intake there by making the fuel-air mixture richer & thus reducing slightly the revving nature of engine.....

i replace PAPER air filter religiously every 7500kms in my palio....
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    can you buy them off TASS or outside?
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    contact KAVA automobiles.. they ship it to you.. the cost is about 350 (if i recollect well)
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I am planning to change the air Filter today. I will buy Spanner No. 8 outside my office (Easily available). What is the brand/type/code of Air Filter to buy?
    OT, any other spaners that I should buy and keep in the car since mine did not come with a tool kit? I just have the jack to change tyres.

5. 1+ to that Sanjay,
    I noticed FE started to drop to 13.5 after 8000 Km from the change of air-filter, I got it changed ad FE climbed up to 15 now!!
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  6. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    If i remember correctly there is no brand name specified on the air filter as such apart from the fact that it's FIATs OEM air filter.. Ask around for that if not just open and look at the filter to see if you find anything.
    I think its #7 , just pick #7 and #8 .
    NOTE : be very careful when you're screwing back the hood because its made of plastic and one extra turn and you might just break the lock itself..

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 AM ----------

Do you have a spare with you by any chance now? Or should i go and buy from TASS ?
  7. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Ok, I just purchased Spanners 8/9 & 10/11. Will open and check what type of filter it is and if it says anything about brand/size.
    There are a lot of shops outside my office so this is kinda exciting. Hope I am able to change it today.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2012
  8. SHASHANKREDDY

SHASHANKREDDY Superiore

HYDERABAD
    Hyderabad
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Since past few days.. my punto was feeling very heavy.. and i observed that torque in Turbo range very much linear... Contemplated between Engine oil and Air filter.....
    1st check .. Checked Airfilter and Coolant level... Shocked to see the dust in Air filter and Some insects .... debris of paper etc...
    pls find attached pics...
    100_2579.jpg 100_2570.jpg 100_2571.jpg
    2nd Check ... Engine oil level..Coolant ... 100_2575.jpg 100_2573.jpg

Purchased PARAFLU UP from Concorde motors .. Khairatabad Mrp : RS 275...
    100_2580.jpg
    Can you please suggest whether cleaning of Airfilter is enough or Replace with new one.
    Should Threshold level of Coolant container should be always maintained at MAX level...????
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    This is nice thread.

I change engine oil & airfilterat 8000kms.
  10. naveen2cool

naveen2cool Superiore

Chennai
    @shashank,
    Just cleaning it should do. If you are keen on replacing it, then why not? Just get a new one and replace it. You will get peace of mind. btw did you check your AC pollen filter as well? Im sure there will be lot of debris there too

And coolant level should be between max and min.

Sent from my GT-P3100 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2012