1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

DIY: Adding an AUX input to Fiat Grande Punto (Delphi Head unit)

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by mnvvishwa, Dec 8, 2014.

1. Sanjeev Ashok

Sanjeev Ashok Novizio

Coimbatore
    Linea Classic
    Is there any possibility to add AUX / USB in linea classic. It has neither USB nor AUX :-(
  2. mnvvishwa

mnvvishwa Novizio

Bangalore
    I don't think you can add AUX / USB to your OEM HU. Open the HU and send some snaps of the connections, so that we can cross the possibility if any.
    Sanjeev Ashok likes this.
  3. uday

uday Timido

Pune
    I'm new to this forum and wondering if the below device is known to all people. As I would definitely avoid tampering with OEM hardware for AUX/USB option.

I'm using this simple device which fits in cigarette lighter holder & allows me to use a pendrive, a Micro sd card, connect mobile to listen to songs & dial or receive calls from mobile. Cheap option (Approx Rs 400 with remote), good sound quality (no hissing noise) and minimal deterioration in sound quality.
    Pyle_PMP3R2.jpg
    --- Double Post Merged, Jan 8, 2015 ---
    (Picture is just for illustration. My device is not of the make "Pyle"as in picture but same control as in picture device)
    Once you put this device in cigarette lighter holder, you need to opt for FM radio, search the frequency of the device & set the frequency in FM. That's it :)
  4. mnvvishwa

mnvvishwa Novizio

Bangalore
    Hello Uday,

I know this product and seen lots of reviews also experienced the same in my friend's Punto. Audio quality is not good and for me it's not in acceptable range. As mentioned in my DIY I needed the stereo effect, but you will get only mono output in any FM transmitters.
    You are right messing with the OEM cable harness is not good, but if you really need the good audio output then you have to do it or adjust the FM transmitter quality. It's totally a individual choice.:)
    uday likes this.
  5. thefiatguy

thefiatguy Novizio

pune
    Anyone has done this in PUNE?
  6. thefiatguy

thefiatguy Novizio

pune
    I am planning to do this I don't even know how to remove the HUD
    mnvvishwa likes this.
  7. mnvvishwa

mnvvishwa Novizio

Bangalore
    You will get lots of useful videos in youtube.
  8. karthicks2000

karthicks2000 Timido

India
    hi mnvishwa,
    my linea emotion model 2013 whether aux can be connected
  9. mnvvishwa

mnvvishwa Novizio

Bangalore
    Hello Karthicks2000,

Yes, it's possible to connect AUX to your car.
    As I know Fiat cars (Punto & Linea) from 2010 in India comes with the Delphi HU.

Regards,
    Vishwa
  10. karthicks2000

karthicks2000 Timido

India
    hi mnvishwa

please help me out in this issue
    tell me in which shop or person who will do this
    thank you

regards
    karthick