A DRL was on the cards for a long time. But I did not want to attach anything to the battery. So the plan was to attach the DRL to another power source. The DRL should look authentic and unique and not like just another Chinese DRL. Also wanted it to be cost effective; if the quality should be good then it cannot be cost effective. I wanted to do it myself rather than someone do a cheap work; also that way I can also manage any future repairs. I wanted daytime mode, nighttime mode and wanted to control the operation through switch; and it should be plug and play type electrical. Oh! Too many requirements and some of them conflicting too!! It was nearly a year of search and patience. Many times I had resigned to settle for some Chinese DRL on the net. But somehow I did not fall for it and kept the search going. Lots of bits and pieces of experiments did happen. Collectively the whole research ended up as below. A cool looking DRL, with all the requirements fulfilled. The whole experiment cost about Rs4000. The DRL material cost alone came to Rs2500. Both the cost does not include the time invested. In the next post, I will go through step by step setup of the whole DRL…..