1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Disheartened :(

Discussion in 'Suggestions and Improvements' started by bibin, Mar 19, 2015.

1. bibin

bibin Regolare

kochi
    In cochin tooo..

many new registration linea (classic) taxis are there on road and many are registered in 2015 from Jan to March.

i think there is a shift in strategy of Fiat with linea classic being introduced as taxis.

Hope it increases the sales and dealers survive.

Thanks
    prabhjot likes this.
  2. Murphy_Fiat

Murphy_Fiat Superiore

Trivandrum
    Trivandrum
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes it hurts. luckily i haven't seen a Fiat cab in kerala till date :)
    sachin koltekar likes this.
  3. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Sachin don't worry nobody dares to make the vehicle you own as taxi ...so don't be disheartened ;-)
  4. kgramesh

kgramesh Amatore

Palakkad, KL
    Linea T-Jet
    I don't find anything disheartening here. Like some members mentioned above, you can find any number of Merc/BMW/Audi cabs around the world. Instead I feel happy to hear that because whatever is happening, it helps that mediocre sales figure of Fiat India go up.
    prabhjot likes this.
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

Isnt it strange that we look down upon the same cars (that we own/drive), when we are in the back seat with another driver driving and we paying the fare ? Suddenly we become status conscious. No vehicle (land, sea, air) is spared from this ignominy. Only fighter jets perhaps . Never heard of them being leased out.
    Every thing else can be hired for contract (even n-subs).
    prabhjot likes this.
  6. AmeyKhedekar

AmeyKhedekar Amatore

MH 02
    Mumbai
    Linea Classic
    i have seen one Linea classic (base) MJD used as a tourist vehicle. red T symbol and yellow number plate.

there is nothing to be disheartened. but i hated the driver as he was sleeping inside the car with feet up on the dashboard. :mad:o_O
  7. Taurus7

Taurus7 Novizio

Kartnataka
    Linea 1.3
    It is very common now a days. I have seen, Audi, Volkswagen, Mercedes, as a Taxi in Dubai. I also traveled from Abu Dabi to Dubai in Mercedes E Class.

In China you will see many Volkswagen Cars as a Taxi. I think it is not a very bad idea if people are using Fiat Cars in India as a Taxi. But Fiat has to control that all their Cars should not be used as a Taxi.

Toyota Camry which is Luxury Car in India, In Dubai it is available as a Taxi and more than 6000 Cars Toyota Camry, Innova available for Taxis. Some American brand and French Cars are also available under Taxi Category.
    --- Double Post Merged, May 26, 2015 ---
    It is very common now a days. I have seen, Audi, Volkswagen, Mercedes, as a Taxi in Dubai. I also traveled from Abu Dabi to Dubai in Mercedes E Class.

In China you will see many Volkswagen Cars as a Taxi. I think it is not a very bad idea if people are using Fiat Cars in India as a Taxi. But Fiat has to control that all their Cars should not be used as a Taxi.

Toyota Camry which is Luxury Car in India, In Dubai it is available as a Taxi and more than 6000 Cars Toyota Camry, Innova available for Taxis. Some American brand and French Cars are also available under Taxi Category.
  8. sachin koltekar

sachin koltekar Novizio

Mumbai
    Andheri east
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @ Taurus7

Agreed with your verdict. This is my second Fiat Car. I like the machine and will always be loyal with the Brand.

I use to buy FIAT cars as they were not used as Transport Vehicle but its ok have to leave with it, company also has to make some profits cant comment.
  9. Deepak

Deepak Regolare

KA-30
    Bengaluru
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    when i talked to the SA @ KHT, he mentioned FIAT does not sell vehicle with Yellow registration, Its in rare cases when old stock need to be cleared they choose this as last resort.
  10. Tornado

Tornado Superiore

Driver's seat.
    Western Maharashtra
    Avventura 1.3 90 HP
    20100523225435_img_6476.jpg Nothing to get disheartened, since my childhood I have seen n number of Fiat err... FAT padminis with black & yellow colour on Mumbai roads.

Plus I have seen Jags, BMW, mercs Audi with T permit at Le meridian parking.

Also, somewhere abroad I have seen Hummer taxi.

And when we exchange or sell our old cars, why to expect the buyer to use it only with B&W numberplate?
    Last edited: May 27, 2015