1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion on the 2012 Linea & Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sungoa2010, Jan 3, 2012.

1. is the linea t-jet 2012 is available or not available and punto 90hp 2012 it is available or not avaliable

2. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

@ferrari1234 - 2012 TJet is not available as of now. Punto 90 HP with raised suspension is available in 2012 manufactured avatar. However, there are rumours that the 90 HP shall get 16 inchers somewhere around April. The budget is the key deciding factor for the future of both these cars
    1 person likes this.
  3. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

I met my cousin in a marriage function at Pondicherry two days back, who owns a FIAT Uno. He was thinking of upgrading to either i20 or Figo. He sought my suggestion. I suggested to him to include FIAT Punto in his list of probables, test drive all the cars in his list, and then, decide. I explained to him about the salient features of 2012 Punto like enhanced GC of 185 mm [in diesel versions], improved interiors and the new Oceanic Blue colour. When I was driving back to Bangalore in the night, I received his call stating that he test drove all the cars and booked a 2012 Punto Dynamic with Manakular Motors, Pondicherry with ETA of 20 days. He said the new features tilted his choice in favour of Punto!:up
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012
    6 people like this.
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Job well done J Ravi, Now make him join the Club.................
    1 person likes this.
  5. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Thanks, Tony. I explained to him about TFI too. Hope, he would join in TFI shortly.
  6. Hi, I checked the website (Fiat India), it talks about T-jet but it also comes with the following disclaimer
    "Disclaimer: Linea T-Jet and Linea TJet plus - Limited cars and color options may be available. Request to check with concerned dealer on availability and prices. Cars would be manufactured in 2011. New features and tech specs of Linea 2012 may not apply to these cars."
  7. kailashnj

kailashnj Amatore

Hey guys I am very curious to know if the ECO drive systems work on the 2012 Linea. can some one please confirm
  8. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Just brought home the newly purchased 2012 linea of my friend in our society. I drove home from the showroom on my regular commute route.

The 2012 linea looks meaty with those big tyres. But to be frank the my old linea stays more planted than the new one. The suspension on new one is a bit soft.
    1 person likes this.
  9. r2d2

Brought home a 2012 Linea Dynamic multijet about 3 weeks ago. Already completed 3100 kms. Chose it over the new Fiesta TDCi and the Vento TDI as it fit my requirements better. Initial nobservations. None of the negatives are deal breakers and most are related to accessories (easily changed). I am really happy with the car. Full tank to full tank, I have never averaged less tha 17 km/l on this car

-- positives --
    1. Beautiful car to look at
    2. Very good paint quality
    3. Comfortable front seats
    4. Amazing mid range torque
    5. Confidence inspiring drive- handling, car weight, breaking
    6. Very good fuel economy. Last trip- 30 kms in bumper to bumper peak hour traffic, 60 kms normal city traffic and 230 kms on highway. mileage- 20.6 km/l with 100% AC on auto
    7. Amazing ground clearance
    8. Comforting and Quiet AC
    9. Blue and me worked perfectly one first attempt, syncs almost instantly when one enters the car.
    10. Suspension feels solid over bad roads even when driving fast

-- negatives --
    1. Suspension is a little bouncy at high speeds (better than all indian C segment cars, I am comparing this to an Audi A6)
    2. Needs parking camera or sensors for small cities.
    3. Audio Speakers are just about ok (as with ALL cars in this segment)
    4. USB should not be in the glove box
    5. Trip and statistics information display needs to be larger and brighter
    6. Floor mats are just about acceptable
    7. Rear seat cup holders are simply cheap.

-- drool worthy additions --
    1. When unladen the car needs 17" alloys for the new ground clearance of 195 mm
    2. 1.6l mulitjet will make this the best C+ segment car in india
    3. 6 speed gearbox for better fuel economy, cruising
    4. Cruise control for open highway drives
    5. navigation and maps, dont know where on the dash can a 7-8 inch screen be fit
    6. curtain airbags

10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

A new member has posted a pic of his Punto. And as can be seen in the tyre well, the black plastic cladding seems to be missing. Can 2012 Punto owners confirm whether they have it or not? IIRC, the earlier Puntos had it.