1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion on the 2012 Linea & Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sungoa2010, Jan 3, 2012.

1. abh

Are there any chances for the prices to slip within a 3-4 weeks ?
    1 person likes this.
  2. It is not a good time to bring in Rahul Dravid as brand ambassador for Fiat. It will be same situation as bringing in Yuvraj two years ago. But, I agree Rahul Dravid matches Fiat.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Its better to get the Film Stars in the Advertisements, It will try the sales chart for sure...
    Or give the Film Star a loyalty type some incentive as the sales goes in the Film Industry for the FIATS.
    A LINEA and a PUNTO in the movie would also work miracle in climbing the sales,
  4. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    R D Motors(kolkata) is organising a 2 day road show in my town(135 km from kolkata) promoting PUNTO+LINEA 2012.Will definitely have an extensive test drive and will post the experience.
    1 person likes this.
  5. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    Linea 1.3
    HI guys..today i test drove the new punto today...MJD is just awesome.went over huge speed breakers with 4 on board.not a single scratch underneath.thanks to increased GC. Punto is really looking strong ,aggressive with increased GC ,it actually gave confidence to me on bad roads...car is very stable though it was a short TD over potholes.Next week i'm going for LINEA TD..Hopefullt i'm going to book it next month.
    2 people like this.
  6. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Test drive report of punto2012--

Just come back home after a test drive of the PUNTO2012(1.3).Here are my observation & comparison(with my 2011 AUG emotion)-------

Test drove the car for ~10km on good & bad(if not broken)roads.YA!I was impressed(my personal feeling).Let's start the review---

Did not find much change in the tactile feel of the plastics(wrt my car)but the joining/shutline of the diff plastic panels are vastly improved.
    Lighter colours on door panels & seat fabrics has added a virtual roominess.
    Everything inside the car were felt to had been better well put together than my car.
    Audio quality of OEM head unit was of better quality.Speacially the BASS was much better than that of my cars .

Panel gaps are reduced now(there has further scope of improvement)

The demo car was a brand new one(run~300km).NVH level was much improved in the idle.Pressed the clutch to engage the gear and I was bowled
    over by the smoothness of the clutch.It's smooooooooooooooooother now.It was smooth already but now it's now in a class of it's own(my feelings).
    Did not find much change in the gear shift quality(actually I like even the present shift quality).Now on the move-----YES,the pickup is better now.I don't know the reason but the car moves more eagerly now.And with the better gc the 2012 PUNTO practically glides over the bad roads(FIGO fans are rerequested to have a feel).JUST AWESOME!
    Drove the car at 100kmph and did a deliberate sharp turn;did not find much difference than before.The legendary dynamics remains.

But most noticeable change of all was the SMALLER TURNING RADIOUS.Now no longer it will be a pain in the congested city traffic.The effect is immediately noticeable.Great job by FIAT(Should have been done it much before).
    Everybody is going GA GA over the higher gc but smaller turning radius will benefit you everytime you drive the car.

If the ASS issues are kept aside then this is the car(atleast in diesel avatar)to own in it's segment, no doubt about that.Yes if you want one,go ahead and own one;you won't regret.

1 person likes this.
  7. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

Grande Punto 1.3
    MODS NOTE - Please use the "Report Post" feature to let the Moderators team know of any changes to be made to the posts, or PM any of the Mods! Thanks.

---------- Post added at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 AM ----------

Thanks mod!
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  8. Went in to see the Punto 2012 on Friday. But by the time we reached the showroom it was 5:00 p.m and it was dark by then . As it was dark by then we were only allowed to drive inside the showroom compound, but the compound was big enough to get a feel of the car. Here are my observations-

1)The clutch is super light, that is evident enough just by pressing the clutch once but the clutch travel is still long. The gear box also seemed same has long throws and a bit rubbery but not a problem for me. The gear & the clutch combination makes quick shifting a bit difficult.

2)The G.C change isn't very evident in Punto unlike the Linea where it is evident. Wheel arches gap is more in Punto due to its 15 inch wheel than the Linea. But from standing position you won't be able see a big difference in the stance whereas in the Linea its G.C increase from 161 mm to 185 mm is more visible from standing position. The bonnet stands very high in the Linea .Commanding view from the driver's seat will be more applicable in the Linea than the Punto.

3) The suspension in the Punto is stiffened for sure, it is evident . I tried crossing speed breakers & driving over broken at around 30-40 kmph & the car the felt a bit stiff then the older one. Can't comment on high speed stability as my test drive was only inside the showroom compound.

4) The speakers sounded almost same to me maybe a bit improved but wasn't noticeable to me.
    5) NVH seemed to have been worked . Engine noise inside the cabin was almost same as the Punto 90 HP that i drove some time ago with 5000km on the ODO.The punto 2012 i drove had 102 km on the ODO.The first gear is still short and again i think gearing is almost same.

6) Interior quality seemed to have improved but still not top of class in the segment.The key hole area has been worked upon.
    1 person likes this.
  9. maverick

maverick Amatore

Suspension upgrade kits for Punto will be available soon. Heard that the kit will cost between 12k and 15k. Got this news from very reliable sources. Will change mine if the feedback is good.

Sent from my iPhone
  10. sungoa2010

May be we should have a poll on how many of the existing owners go for the kit if available.