1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion on the 2012 Linea & Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sungoa2010, Jan 3, 2012.

1. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    if there are any fiat bashers out there, they must know this guys.

i'm right now in my native place chirala. that is 100kms towards the coast line from vijayawada.

chirala is a small muncipal town with only one service centre. well i dont have to say which one is it......

my dad wanted to check out the new linea so i called up fiat-pune. they told me that the nearest dealer was jasper motors in guntur that is 60 kms away. jasper did not have a linea but they have a punto 2012. they asked me if i would like the test drive of the punto, to which i said yes.

fiat sent the car from guntur to chirala( 60 kms) just for test drive....

i did the test ride today in chirala's worst roads. i must tell you guys, the raised suspension has not effected the drivability of this car. i feel it has got stiffened to maintain the cornering ability....

the good thing to me was the dashboard quality. i must say it was the best in the class and the fit and finish cannot get better.

for people who have not seen the new plastics, its more like the rubbery surface that comes in a polo, vento, rapid, laura etc..... it looks rubbery but it is plastic.

the clutch is super smooth and there is no turbo kick at all.... the power delivery is so linear and smooth that by the time i was in the 5th gear the car was doing 120-125kmph....( it was a 75 hp punto emotion)

and the ground clearence, i dont have to say anything.

the best cars in the class are linea and punto. there is no denying this fact.
    10 people like this.
  2. gurus

gurus Amatore

BLR/AZ
    I'm really happy that there are some good positive comments about the latest launch by FIAT.
    They should do this whole year. Refresh Tjet and 90 hp after 3 months and be in the media.
    Hope this translates to sales number.
    Learning patience and attitude from FIAT :)

Guru
  3. mescotc

mescotc Amatore

Boisar , Tarapur
    Very true ,
    Its something to admire , We are proud of the attitude of FIAT , inspite of so many negative comments from other forums/magazines/media , fiat has never been rude to anybody ,
    I feel they are'nt quietly sitting , but going through deep self-introspection & finding corrective measures to their bad past , I am sure Fiat will come out very strongly , because their base is very Firm.

Atul

---------- Post added at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

Very true ,
    Its something to admire , We are proud of the attitude of FIAT , inspite of so many negative comments from other forums/magazines/media , fiat has never been rude to anybody ,
    I feel they are'nt quietly sitting , but going through deep self-introspection & finding corrective measures to their bad past , I am sure Fiat will come out very strongly , because their base is very Firm.

Atul
  4. Thanks for the Punto test drive, I guess the first one here of the punto.
    You mentioned that the suspension has been stiffened , but has been low speed speed ride effected in a noticeable way.?
    Is the new tuning of the engine noticeable?
    How does it look in person with raised stance?
    Hope the Punto sells well now , it always deserved to sell more than it did.
  5. shivraj5624

shivraj5624 Amatore

Belgaum, Karnataka
    belgaum
    Linea 1.3
    I really don't know why people are worried about resale value of FIAT cars....Once you own a FIAT you never will think of selling it..it becomes so close to your heart that you won't even think of giving it to others..
    i think FIAT has to look for a brand ambassador for fiat cars...RAHUL DRAVID will beat suit for a car of his quality..An unsung hero for an unsung car like linea..This will really boost the sales for fiat..Plz convey this message if u think its worth..
    once done by abhishek bachhan for fiesta,go fida,SRk for hyundai,etc.
  6. Exactly , these cars can be used easily with out much stress on the pocket for 6-7 years by that time resale value hardly matters.
    -Sat
  7. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    Yes the low speed ride is quite different.... It's a bit more bouncy like the old swift vdi that I used earlier

The new tuning is also noticeable because now there is no feel of the turbo starting suddenly

Well the looks are almost similar... I didn't find the punto different to the older ones
  8. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What about the smaller turning radius(prev. 5.4m/now 5m)?
    Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  9. Is it faster then older Punto?
  10. Tarun

Tarun Amatore

Bhiwani, Delhi
    last evening i just saw a dark blue (don't know what this color is called) Punto emotio 2012 outside the fiat-tata showroom. the car was parker at the petrol pump, which is just next to the showroom. Had no number plate.. as i got close to the parked car, sum guy who had the keys came and opened the driver door..
    i asked him to stop.. he said - yes sir how can i help you,
    i asked - its the new punto 2012 ? the guy replied yes sir, its the demo car just the stickers are not applied & this would be used by our showroom owner .. i was like what ?? :shock::punch:A
    .. but watever.. i observed the car.. first of all the color was smashing .. i could have switched my Red with the this new color..
    interiors were of better plastic quality, to me they were at par with VW quality, but still the black n greay color wasnt feeling like premium ...
    panel gap in key hole area was there too ..
    clutch was shorter to me and also the gear box felt different .. it was a lil more quick, although i have developed a style to quickly change gears in my Old punto.
    NVH was low and noise inside cabin was as minimal as it could be ..
    also i felt that turning radius is low now .. how they did that ???? :eek:
    RIDE wasnt stiff with a lil more ground clearance.. again in my old ride i never felt GC problem, even with 205/55 R15 profile shoes.
    in last the worker who had the keys said - sir plz cum in next morning and have a proper test driver, as he was getting late.. for guess wat ?? he had to go and pick up sumone from another city .. WTF !!! how can they use a new test drive vehicle like this :mad:
    i asked him why do u use fiat vehicle like this .. and he said Sir tata chalane me wo maza kaha ? :sadblue
    here are the pics that i was able to have .. sorry for the pic quality .. were taken with a cell phone ..
    WP_000155.jpg WP_000154.jpg WP_000156.jpg

@ Mods -- i am not able to upload all pics.. sum pics have encountered an error,, pl z guide me
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2012