1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion on the 2012 Linea & Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sungoa2010, Jan 3, 2012.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Please use this thread to discuss all and any aspect concerning the 2012 Linea and the Punto.

All the posts from the ''TFI Team present at Fiat 2012 '' thread regarding discussions concerning aspects ( price, assumed ECU upgrades etc) of the 2012 Linea&Punto will be moved here.

2. Being a true FIAT fan at heart, liked the changes very much. As i was also in the queue waiting for the refreshed models from quite some time like other FIAT fans , but now i somewhat feel that increasing the cost in such a price sensitive market of india at this point of time when other car makers are trying their best to cut the cost is a bit disappointing.Fiat could have played the volume game if they tried to cut the cost somehow and bring it down to the likes of FIGO.

As the general public of INDIA dont know the facts regarding FIAT and its awesum cars, maximum of them will still prefer cars from popular manufactures like MARUTI, HYUNDAI ,TATA etc..
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Abhishakebansal prices can't go down to Figo level, the Figo is based on a dead platform which is extinct now and uses outdated engines.
    The Figo is very simple car and is built to a cost and that shows when you sit in the car and when you start the engines
    2 people like this.
  4. Srini

Srini Regolare

Punto is great!! But FIGO is good as well. Can't find much issues for the VFM it is offering.
  5. gurus

gurus Amatore

But I like this approach by Fiat. Instead of giving bare minimum car to play at volume segment, they added features to punto and linea. It's like win-win situation. We just don't get the car, we get so many features at that price point.
    Though this won't result in huge sales increase, FIAT's approach and attitute is positive.

1 person likes this.
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    srini, Figo was VFM product when it was launched. Not any more. My friend bought Figo TDCI Titanium in June'2010 for 6.06 OTR in Chennai. Now, the same costs 6.7L+ in Chennai (No alloys, No power windows at rear, No ACC, and etc etc).
  7. naveenb

It is a good move by Fiat to launch the refreshed model, but I am concerned on the 0-100 figures quoted by Autocar india on these new models. If it is true, then Fiat has tuned the engine to extract meagre fuel efficiency (Approx 0.5Kmpl more) at the cost of acceleration. I have gathered the below information from Autocar India to provide a comparison of performance of the old and the new tuning.

KPH TIME(sec) old/new
    0-20 1.18/1.45
    0-40 3.68/4.03
    0-60 6.12/7.12
    0-80 10.14/11.77
    0-100 15.04/17.81
    0-120 21.3/25.28
    0-140 30.8/39.63

20-80kph in 3rd gear 11.86 s (old)/14.28 s (new)
    40-100kph in 4th gear 13.64 s (old)/16.45 s (new)
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Nothing serious or nothing to worry about the report from Autocar. They are the one who rated ANHC as the winner by comparing it with T-Jet and Vento. I never go by the reviews of the Auto magazines in India.
    1 person likes this.
  10. sungoa2010

By comparing the prices of new 1.3 emotion and 90HP Punto the difference if approximately 14 K while the difference between earlier Epk and 90HP was 34K. Any reason for it?
    There is not much difference apart from GC in old and new top model.