1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion on the 2012 Linea & Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sungoa2010, Jan 3, 2012.

1. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Diesel Linea Emotion looks Overpriced! Compared to the competition which have 1.5/1.6 litre diesels.
  2. The prices seems to be VFM. For Punto it seems like active gets older dynamic specification , dynamic gets emotion specs and emotion emotion pack. But I don't see ABS in new Dynamic as older emotion had it .Can someone confirm it ? Where are the prices for the 90 hp punto & T-jet linea?
    Improved G.C is a welcome move , but by rising it to 195 & 190 in punto & linea respectively, will it not compromise handling & looks , they could have raised the suspension up to about 180-185 mm.
  3. What about international Punto GC ? If they did there own (India - Fiat) definitely it effect to handling & Suspension.

Time will tell all the quarries.

What about the panel gaps ?
  4. Hmm.. ye lo bashing/misguiding facts are already started in the most definitive car community.. What can FIAT do for all these? :)

On the other hand, I never feel my 76Hp punto underpowered at any time. In fact I think shorter gearing is a boon in disguise for this car. Bangalore is a city with humps of different sizes, so I do take my car carefully over them. Plastics even after 2.4 years none of them rattle or fallen off. Ride and Handling is top notch and my punto turns literally into a beast on Highways. And i've the emotion pack.So what I'm missing from these updates ?
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  5. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Linea Diesel Emotion OTR in Bangalore exceeds 11.5L.Fiat,are you kidding by offering 1.3 mill at that price point?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

sorry my bad. read as 9.9 in T-BHP earlier. OTR price in Bangalore will be around 10.6. Thats great VFM.
  6. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    Are FIAT top bosses saying anything about servicing or is it just about new launch ?
  7. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

i hope this year is good for fiat :) and yes for us too. 16" with 205mm tyre width sounds good, but increased GC of 195/185 will definitely take off a bit on the handling part.

on the highways i pierce through the traffic like an arrow at speeds above 100-120kmph. i cut zig zag zoob where as other cars cannot cope up with my linea in terms of high speed handling and give up.

i dont think i can do the same confidently with the increased GC. but we cannot cry over this. we demanded this from fiat.

i am still curious about the tuning and technical part. i am wondering why there is no update on this yet.

if they have tuned the linea to 92bhp with refinement i am on for the remap.
    1 person likes this.
  8. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

simply glued to TFI since morning.. haven't worked even a bit today :)
    nice to see all the updates coming in. just hope that the increased GC doesnot affect the looks and the handling part of GP and Linea. these were the two most imp aspects while considering the GP over other cars for future. praying!
  9. visu14

visu14 Timido

Carwale shows a reduced weight on the new punto. I think it will be more fun to drive now:p
  10. asif

Hey change in certified fuel economy,nw its 20.4km/l...so if autocar report is true there is difference in the way mjd is tuned in 2012 cars