1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion on the 2012 Linea & Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sungoa2010, Jan 3, 2012.

1. This car can be always seen parked in front of bhatti motors Nerul... i have seen it so may times over there...guess it belongs to the dealer and he must have got this cutomised ....
  2. sridharj

sridharj Timido

Chennai
    Guys, my 2012 Punto feels very bumpy and shaky when I drive on potholes, has anyone faced this issue? Also, i get a grrr sound from the A/C vents when the car is in idle. I'm really scared to take the car to TATA ***, any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Sridhar
  3. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am not having this problem....

the problem that i have is leakage of a/c exhaust water inside the car as a result the carpets get wet, tak tak sound in the back right side door...also within 3 month the right side shocker was replaced.

Also now i doubt the paint quality of Fiat...(i have OB)
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    You should get it checked at TASS. Which City are you in?
  5. sridharj

sridharj Timido

Chennai
    I'm from Chennai and my car was serviced by VST motors, Ponamalle. The problem is those guys are severely understaffed and couldn't deliver the work. I had A/C exhaust leakage for which I sent my car of servicing but when I got my car back the back seat was not locking up. They create more problems than they solve. For the rattle in AC vents they kept the car with them for 1 week and returned saying they couldn't fix the issue as their electrician was on leave for one week. They only have one electrician in their workshop, how pathetic? This is the reason why I'm afraid to go to a TASS again.

Thanks,
    Sridhar

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 AM ----------

I did have this AC exhaust water leakage problem which seems to be fixed. But only I will know if it's a permanent fix when I take my car to a long drive. As far as paint quality is concerned I'm ok with that.

Thanks,
    Sridhar
  6. FiatVenky

FiatVenky Timido

Bangalore
    Dear All,
    Decided on punto 2012, and wanted 90HP. To my surprise, I was told that 90HP are only on Sports model and not on the rest.
    Any idea if the above is true?
    I am a little picky on the decals and contrast rear mirror housing (too loud for me).
    Thanks in advance,
    Venky
  7. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Yes , Reguler 90HP Version is Temp. Dis-continued !!
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    It's true. I wrote to Fiat India to check about this and they had contradicting information like it may be re-launched in November or it may never get launched again.
    I made up my mind to lose 15hp and booked a 75hp car and of course I was happy to save 60K ;)
    1 person likes this.
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Hi,

You can check out the Punto Emotion. The difference in performance is not day and night ; it's very subtle.

Have a TD of the Emotion variant and let us know if it appeals to you.

Cheers.