1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion on the 2012 Linea & Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sungoa2010, Jan 3, 2012.

1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
  2. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Then What about 2012 models? I don't find any reason for Fiat to come with a another refreshment. Who want to spoil the lunch? We want a heavy lunch with 1.6MJD.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sun, they are planning to launch the refreshed models only for Punto 90HP and Linea T-Jet.
  4. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Ram, Thanks for correction.
  5. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    I am anytime in for 1.6 MJD, in fact recently I took test drive of Chevy Cruze (2.0l VCDi engine). Its an amazing car which is really overpriced (17L on road with no incentives). Much of its features that SE described were present in my Punto, moreover it lacked the bluetooth mobile paring for making and receive calls (it can just pair for music) the presence of which which I "proudly" mentioned to the sales executive on my Punto to which he was blue faced ;)

Though driving 2.0l VCDi felt like rocket I am seriously dreaming how driving super refined (father of Common Rail) 1.6l MJD would be like!!!
    1 person likes this.
  6. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    yes the cruze is very powerful i once drove my friend's cruze from shoolagiri near hosur till velore. the drive is 120 kms and we reached in 50 mins. that car's speedo meter raises as fast as the tachometers if u know what i'm saying.

the 1.6 mjd wouldn't have as much as the pulling torque as the cruze bcoz, the cruze is 2.0 with 320nm of torque although the 1.6 mjd can generate 320nm of torque with a vgt there would be a noticable turbo lag compared to the cruze due to the smaller displacement volume.

another example is the corolla 1.4 d4d which has only 88 hp and the torque is somewhere near 202 or 200nm where as linea is 1.3 with 90hp and 209nm torque.
    though the 1.3 mjd produces more power, since the displacement is less, corolla feels it pulls better than linea. also the turbo lag is less in corolla.

if this has to be explained to a common man who doesnt know anything about engines, i would say a weight lifting champion would carry a 50 kg weight and cover 100mts faster than an athlete trying to do the same though he is faster.

although the 1.6 mjd would tear apart the verna fluidic and the vw 1.6tdi engines..... it can be challenged with the civic 1.6 diesiel that they hondas are planning to launch.

i think fiat can do that with launching viaggio in two trims @13 L and 15 L each. it would be a good competition to corolla , fluence, laura, civic and the going to be launched octavia some time later..... although most of them would buy the civic. the features provided in viaggio are a class apart.....
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2012
    2 people like this.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Hi Guys,

Had a query with regard to the 2012 version of the Linea MJD.

Is the spare wheel also an alloy wheel or just a steel wheel. Read somewhere that the spare alloy wheel has been stopped. I might book the Linea 2012 MJD soon. Wanted to pick from a newer lot GLZ Batch. Now wondering if they stopped giving the spare wheel as an alloy. If they have stopped I will opt for a older model to ensure the spare wheel is an alloy wheel.

Thanks in advance.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    It's only the Emotion which comes with Spare wheel as Alloy IIRC - Emotion = T-Jet+ variant goodies. The Dynamic is the erstwhile Emotion Pack sans the T-Jet Features including 16" alloys and three headrests at the rear which gave you fold-able seats and is not available in current Active & Dynamic.
  9. Arryan

Arryan Regolare

Bhilai
    Linea 1.3
    When I purchased my Linea in July'2012 I was told that post May the Linea is coming without the alloy spare wheel.
    I was delivered a car manufactured in April 2012, which has all 5 alloy wheels.

However I have not seen any Linea with steel (spare) wheel, so you need to confirm from some authentic sources.
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I am booking the Emotion variant itself. Wanted to make sure that the car is coming with 5 alloys instead of 4.

Let me have a word with the Sales manager and also drop a note to FIAT as well to get a confirmation.