1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion on the 2012 Linea & Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sungoa2010, Jan 3, 2012.

1. singh

singh Amatore

you can opt fot 195/65 tyres in exchange with new tyres just 2-3 thousand rs extra cost , and what you will gain is 10mm more GC . Not a costly deal
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Singh bro, Relativity already has a 2012 90HP.
    I think you are intended to refer this suggestion to some one else.
    Another 10 mm addition to already heightened 2012 90HP will feel like he is riding a camel:dancing.
    2 people like this.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Thanks Enki for saving my skin ::OO

I didn't login since yesterday and didn't realize my little comment would create such a stir.
    Well, it may be an illusion and the dealer may be misinformed. I will not advocate for VST after dealing with them but there were clear reasons why I chose them over Concorde; that maybe shared in another relevant thread.

The Bumpy ride is only limited to 2012 90HP or even 75HP has the issue?
    This is the only car that I have driven enough to notice the ride quality, and I can say it doesn't glide over bumps and speed breakers. maybe the suspension is new and will settle in. For example, I heard a sharp squeaking today from one of the suspensions while going over a really bad road and I was quite worried. But the road was closed so I had to return via the same road and it disappeared on its own. However, when I go over a speed breaker; the car shakes all over and falls with a "Thud" sound. Doesn't seem right to me. I will be driving around a lot over the next 3 days holiday so will check air pressure/any possible puncture and watch this closely. BTW, I reset Trip A today for a 25 Km ride in the city and got a mileage of 18 as there was hardly any traffic :dancing
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

I haven't driven any one of them & it's not a problem by any means what so ever. Pls don't be concerned over it in your 90HP. It's just a doubt on my part that 2012 ride quality could be a little stiffer on bad roads as compared to earlier models. Obviously if you want to research on this, you should drive some other make's car or older Punto model on the same rough stretch where you have driven your punto. You do let us know on your conclusion if you manage doing this.

If there are some continuous squeaks which get's worsen day by day, then it's an issue. Odd squeak if it has vanished on itself is not an issue. Just keep checking your vehicle underneath in the morning, if there is any liquid discharge on the floor. Open the engine bay & have a quick inspection. Ensure Brake oil/steering oil's/Coolant reservoir caps are properly tightened. If there is any oil leakage inside bay, you will see a lot of moist mud depositing over there. Squeaks could be due to countless stupid reasons like Poly-bag rubbing inside the glove box or some sliding of the passenger seat before it locks itself automatically:mrgreen:.
    That's it, enjoy it. When there would be a problem, you won't post in doubt. You will feel it crystal clear.
    1 person likes this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    @Relativity - Oh man!!! Never take the comments seriously. We are all in the same family :). The main reason for my revolt was VST.
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Just now, my cousin called me to inform that he took delivery of his Oceanic Blue Punto 1.3 MJD Dynamic last night after a long wait. He has already joined TFI and will open his own introduction and ownership threads.
    2 people like this.
  7. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

I am dying to see Linea in O. Blue shed. When is that golden day when i'll see one in either B'lore or in Hyd?
  8. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

I bumped across below link on the 2012 TJet+.

Fiat Linea 2012 1.4-T-Jet-Plus Features | Fiat Linea 2012 Cars | OnCars.in

Strangely, it does not list down auto headlamps and auto wipers, but lists down following as an addition on 2012 TJet+:
    - Cruise control
    - Sunroof

I am not sure how reliable the information is, does anyone else have any information on feature additions and date of launch?
  9. sungoa2010

Those features are there in 2012 city. I think it is a mistake.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

That's an error. No sunroof or cruise control on any Linea variant. ;)

No ideas about the future launch, if any, though.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012