1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion on the 2012 Linea & Punto

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by sungoa2010, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Just for the record, the GC of 2012 90 HP is 187 as against 185 of 75 HP. Confirmed by dealer and measuired it against 2012 75 HP.
    I can't comment on the ride quality but I can vouch that the increased GC is extremely useful to me given where I live. My friend's 75 HP scrapes every now and then and mine just glides over. In the trade off, I may be paying a price for a stiffer suspension or something else; which I am not aware of.

Also, for the record; my personal opinion is that the 2012 models look way better with increased GC. But then that's just me.
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2012
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    How did you know that the GC of 90HP is 187mm? What is the source of information if the dealer has told you this? Is this mentioned in your owner's Manual as well?

FYI, the Fiat-India website, clearly tells that the GC of 90HP is also 185mm.
  3. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Well, I just shared what the dealer told me and I saw it parked next to a 75HP and it really was higher.
  4. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    These dumb Tata dealers are best fit for selling trucks and not cars.

Note:- Even if the story of 187mm GC is true, I wonder how could it be visible in comparison with a car of 185mm. Are we (humans) intelligent enough to notice even a increase of 2mm?
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
    3 people like this.
  5. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Humans are not but gods can!

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk
  6. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    both have 185 mm GC , what you saw is just illusion . 2mm cant be differentiated with human eye in case of big things.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Let's juggle with relativity's eyeballs:boxer.
    He has committed a sin here images.jpg !!
    Come-on guys, what did he say that everyone is so furious about:mrgreen:?
    It seems like one must be no less perfect than almighty to post his views on TFI, isn't it??
    By the way, i have noticed that on Indian auto forums, people maintain a total different view for an auto enthusiast like...
    1. He must know all technical specifications of all brands by heart & should start uttering like 2's table aka a whipped kid at his tiny butt:mrgreen:.
    2. He shouldn't drive at high speeds but still he can comment on the things which can't be noticed till you cruise at high speeds. They must have some access to parallel universes!!
    3. There is nothing valid considered until it is accepted by majority. Just like 1000 yrs back, earth was center of the universe & sun along with stars was rotating around earth;).
    4. Driving steady & slow is safety, there is no role a vehicle can play?
    How about a truck toppling over your standstill parked car & you inside it, Mr. Rambo:razz:??
    .4,5,6.......:A?????
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Enki bhai - My comment was more directed at the dealer VST in this case and not Relativity, After all it could be the illusion they created!
  9. ramjn

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Correct. They (VST) have created the reputation of deceiving the customers in what ever form they want to.
  10. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Guys, Relativity is an innocent, passionate vehicle lover & still trying to dig up this automotive stuff.
    Obviously dealer has manipulated his view but we are tinkling him too much here:mrgreen:. I like the way he feels so excited about very small things like cleaning glass/wax/polishing, i mean try to sense his joy/excitement/love for FIAT. Things like this will make him feel conscious & he will try to sound logical henceforth. An auto-enthusiast & logic never take the same route.

By the way, any one of you (Ramjn,Satya or Teky) have driven 2012 Linea/Punto lately on rough patched for sustained amount of time? Obviously i have read your fantastic thread for 2012 models in which you guys have detailed most of the aspects, still to verify if it has been done with this particular thought in mind (where 2011 or earlier cars were reported gliding).

I can't imagine anyone better for the job here, so would advise to get the job done if it is not tried yet. It will close the chapter & doubts for eternity. It's really surprising to see threads popping up questioning bumpy ride these days?