1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Discussion on Painting the whole car

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by swgaan, Dec 28, 2013.

?

Which Colour to chosse

Poll closed Jan 27, 2014.
  1. Bossa Nova White

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Fox tourt Azur

9 vote(s)
    42.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ramvignesh

ramvignesh Amatore

Chennai
    TW itself is a great color. How about Bronzo Scuro or Pearl white?
    But re-paint in workshop will be no match to original paint. Its better not to go for full re-paint.
  2. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Ok, now a latest update is i got a verbal quote from Balaji FIAT for whole body repainting in same colour of 40k, which is 2 times than what i got quoted through a local body shop.

On other side, i finally started living with those scratches, as in our building a new car is canvas for children.. :hit
    So will get it touched up for prominent scars and to give a fresh look planning to wrap the Mirror wings and Roof top in white-silvery colour (the same as i have on door of "FIAT" sticker) .

- - - Merged Post - - -

Just to have an Idea, posting a picture of Swift, which fortunately i saw near my office. by looking at the colors i found it will suit more on Punto, pls share your opinions.

IMG_1654.jpg
  3. Anup

Anup Regolare

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    neee, seriously Swift looks dumb in TW or perhaps we all are accustomed to see Swifts only in White.. :evilsmile
    1 person likes this.
  4. Hammad Khan

Hammad Khan Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Hello All :)

Well I am very new to this website.Finally talking about my background I belong to engine's world ( Mechanical ) the reason why I am here to Fiat is recently I bought pre-owned Fiat Linea Emotion that is the reason TEAM FIAT. Thank you so much guys for making such a wide transparent way to tackle every day problems related to Fiat Car world.I am glad to be part of it. Yes I assure you all I will be also among you guys who will be delivering the same knowledge and experience and will definitely continue the legacy of TEAM FIAT

Well I am in confusion I need your help to sort out this issue.I am love with this Italian beauty freaking awesome car ever I enjoy my ride every single time when I drive its almost 6 months now am having good on hand experience as well.Now the thing is I want to Paint my entire car I basically belong to Pune so I had good bond with 3M guys (3M Lullanagar)
    He is giving me deal from 3M itself he has quoted me 30K for the car paint
    which will include almost all treatments from 3M including denting,painting,exterior,interior,under body and 3M acoustic solution (recently Launched) as well as complete 1 year contract with 3M
    So what Should I do ? He assured me the paint that will be used on my car is done on premier cars such as BMW,Jaguar etc
    Please Help me.

Mod Note : Post moved to appropriate section.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2016
  5. Hammad Khan

Hammad Khan Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    @swgaan
    Hi brother I am new to the group
    Your Team fiat sticker is looking elegant as well as your tank too from where did you got this.
    And regarding the paint recently I owned fiat Linea second hand I want to paint it full car body
    one of the guy who is working with 3M quoted me 30k which will include everything all treatments exterior interior and tinting too what is your opinion.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2016
    swgaan likes this.
  6. PradeepM

PradeepM Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    Linea 1.3
    @Hammad Khan, Welcome to the forum.

Personally I think this is great deal mate. For 30K you are getting the whole car painted plus a long list of freebies that are thrown in (somehow I still feel this is too good to be true :)) . If you are confident about the person whom you are dealing with, you should take it up and proceed. Do post some before and after pictures of the car.

Cheers,
    Pradeep.
  7. swgaan

swgaan Amatore

MH-46
    Panvel, Maharashtra
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats a good deal.. go for it, and as suggested by @PradeepM ensure the person whom you are dealing with.
    Do post the before and after pics of the car as well.
  8. GANESH H

GANESH H Amatore

Maharashtra
    Maharashtra
    Linea Classic
    I think this is great deal. In April 2015 when I enquired for Linea painting ( whole car painting ) cost, the person at Pandit auto Bavdhan pune told me it will require 75 thousands rupees minimum and could be increase upto 90 thousand. Sky moto service center's Mr. Kunal told me 45000 rupees to paint whole car.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Look at Fiat's reckoner price list people..!!

Don't take everything without a pinch of salt esp. when it comes to money. Last I checked whole car tier 1 city rates were about 55k+- for Linea or Punto don't remember but should be in that range. That's Fiat's official approved rate. Pandit's rates were lesser back then and now Pandit aint official, yet Pandit has high reputation for the most part. Also note detailed strip down work can easily cost upto 1lac and have seen the level of work at Torrid Fiat which was done on some cars. By the way for Mumbai Pune guys Torrid Fiat body work is good quality and thorough job with proper task force and the goto guy is Mr. Sampat Salve. They can't adhere to schedules but material and quality is great. Blame the late work to both Torrid and Fiat management equally. But if you are in no hurry they do a detailed job. Especially the metal part of it including sanding welding priming and painting to the finishing using first quality paint materials. No skimming there for sure..!
    Also note rates differ for both water based and solvent based paints. Water based being preferred for finish and environmental reasons too I guess.
  10. Hammad Khan

Hammad Khan Timido

Pune
    Pune
    Linea 1.3
    Hello Pradeep
    I am enjoying like anything on TFI. Thank you so much for suggestions.I have given my car for full body denting and painting. I am uploading my car pics and sure once my car is ready will upload pics as well.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2016