1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Disc Plates

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by Deepak R, Oct 15, 2011.

1. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have noticed that the top portion of the disc plates gets rusted very soon. Any measures to resolve this????
  2. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    no measures. leave it as it is. do not coat or try painting them.
  3. Deepak R

Deepak R Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    fine. But will that lead to any problems????
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    There is a way to protect the ''non contact'' area of the disk rotor from getting rusted. But it's very labor intensive and would take around a complete day to do.

Removal of rotors+Sandblasting+High heat painting+Refitting,

There you go.

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Unable to edit post

Sandblasting should be done ONLY of the non contact area. Not of the area which contacts the brake pad.
  5. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    better keet it as it it, No car is escaped from that rust unless that paint job is done. But as italia said seriously dont think to paint them!
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    As gurjinder paaji suggested you can get a emery paper and rub till the rust goes off which requires intensive labour.But u will have to do that every once in 6months.
  7. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    In today's world, where we hear rotors being replaced real early and along with the pads, i don't think anyone needs to do the rotor protection as i tried to outline in my earlier post. Gone are the days when rotors would last 1 Lakh+ easy, and the brakes also were good. Just chill out.

Our 2005 Palio D is touching 1,20,000km's and still on original rotors.