1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Disappointed ...parts problem...still?

Discussion in 'Fiat OEM Spares & Accessories' started by manojc26, Aug 25, 2014.

1. manojc26

manojc26 Timido

Pune
    Hi Folks,

I recently got a New Linea T-jet emotion. 3 months old now.
    The power steering reservior was leaking in couple of months...so wanted to get it replaced in warranty.

I was disappointed to see that the service center did not have that part (I live in Pune....the city which has the factory) and it took more than a week to get that part. As usual they gave me the B.S. that this part needs to be imported !!!
    I thought that the factory was in Ranjangaon (and not Turkey).....ridiculous.

I can understand that for the Palio 1.2 which I own this could be the case that parts have to be imported, but what about NEW LINEA? It is a new car model.

Does Fiat still have a spare parts problem?

Regards,
    Manoj C
  2. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    The factory though in Pune, does not manufactures all the parts. Till date there are many parts which are being imported, for instance recently i changed rear wiper arm and it was from Brazil. The wearhouse is in Mumbai so perhaps it might took a little while to get it. Usually such parts will be there unless you are the first customer who faced such problems under their roof.
    Nevertheless take it easy pal, its all done i spose now.
    Even when i had a rack leakage just like urs, the part was already in stock and they replaced and i guess it was in stock due to others did faced such problem and was stocked in advance. No SC shall stock up every parts available unless one or 2 cases are observed. This is my understanding.
  3. manojc26

manojc26 Timido

Pune
    Yes...the part has been replaced now.
    Just imagine the situation if it would have leaked rapidly.....then I would have to park the car till the part arrived. Thats not a good situation to be in. Anyways....the baby is fine now. Drives great :)

Thanks for your reply.
  4. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    That is the reason every now and then keep looking into your bay. Its kind of an early detection, if not us who shall take care our own baby ye :p
  5. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    The reason here is the dealer not stocking the parts which is unacceptable. Stocking parts and timely order of parts with buffer inventory would reduce the lead times. But this has a cost implication which will be a burden on the dealerships with the current sales/service volumes. With more vehicles sold, the situation can only get better.

Irrespective of the location of the dealership, it will take 4-5 days (from placing the order to shipment) to process any orders placed at the wareshouse unless its a V-O-R (Vehicle Off Road) category request. I believe these is also a Minimum Order Quantity that needs to be placed to process these orders for operational efficiencies.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Try some quick fix solution for now. Did you try Pandit or Skyfiat, who has this inventory issue...?
  7. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Problem being T-Jet, whose major parts are imported.
    MJD and NA 1.4 you dont find any issue with parts, even if any it will not take more than a week!
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @mchanna, power steering components must be common between variants.
  9. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Asim my bad sorry
    Multitasking gone bad :).
    Was reading something else.
  10. puchoo

puchoo Regolare

Delhi / Shimla
    My piece of advise on this is simple , be a bit conservative and keep some stuff at home. It is something i intend to do agressively once 99 RPM comes back online as well , irrespective of what FIAT says the factor of the matter on the ground is still that there is a problem in getting spares and accessories and to counter that for my peace of mind i plan on building a little inventory for myself of some of the more commonly used parts and accessories.

I know that for large issues there is no option but to go to FASS but for some of the smaller stuff i intent to take control to whatever degree possible , at most i might have to go to FASS to install something but atleast i will have it readily available.