1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

!!! Disappointed !!! An ardent FIAT fan...

Discussion in 'Exteriors / Body' started by snvikram2000, Oct 19, 2014.

1. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @snvikram2000, have you made a blunder in assuming this as an "official" Fiat company website/forum? Well it isn't; you need to send these photos and complains to Fiat directly via speed-post or via email and see what they have to say about it. Teamfiat is not obligated towards Fiat company nor affiliated to it in anyway.
    rajks likes this.
  2. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    So I was right when I felt that you had mistaken TFI as FIAT's official forum.

Unfortunately for you it is not!
  3. snvikram2000

snvikram2000 Timido

India
    Oops... Thanks. That Clarifies :)

Now, can some one suggest the right channel to take this...
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    How about what I suggested before. You could expect at the max. some customer goodwill acknowledgment from Fiat regarding this issue or perhaps they could completely choose to not act on this depending on their legal obligations. If they act or waiver consider yourself lucky and be happy. :)
  5. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    And this IS an UNcommon problem with Fiats.

Just go to FASS first, and then approach Fiat. This is not as big/insoluble problem as you might be fearing or concluding.

cheers, all the best
  6. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @snvikram2000, FYI I had some kind of paint bursts in the bonnet. FIAT themselves offered me to repaint it after consulting with the factory people. It was found after the inspection that the chipping in paint was caused by tiny pebbles on the high way.

Coming to your point. Since you are from Chennai, try visiting Ramkay fiat and state your problem. Tell them the implications. They would surely help.

Also, do note that, I have not heard many instances of rusting before. There are too many factors that can contribute to rusting and one of them may be a slip in the manufacturing process.

If the service centers are reluctant, escalate to FIAT, I forgot the contact point, but many in this forum can guide you to the contact person in FIAT. Send them the pictures. I have heard from this forum on numerous occasions of prompt response from FIAT for the problems and resolutions provided.

First try these before writing off FIAT.
  7. snvikram2000

snvikram2000 Timido

India
    I have already done that, they equally agree that it is a quality concern, there are quite a few complaints and is not UNcommon.

This is exactly what they had to say "Sir, we realize it is a quality issue but as a dealer the best we can do is give you some 10% discount in the labor charges for repainting. You may only have to fight it out with FIAT directly for anything beyond this"

Do you thinks it is easy to get this in writing from them :)
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Rusting under the paint is uncommon statistically, almost unheard of in Delhi for eg, surely with a higher incidence precisely in 'tropical' coastal areas like Chennai, Mumbai, and Kerala, but still not common. You'll find threads here if you search that will point you towards the escalation channel to Fiat India (Mangesh K etc). He/They are usually quite responsive, and effective.

all the best.
  9. pv_krish

pv_krish Regolare

Chennai
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    You do not have to get it in writing from them. In that case contact FIAT directly and am sure you would get a better response.
  10. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Please have a word with FASS and ask them to escalate this to Fiat. Also in parallel you can send mail to Fiat helpline and to Mangesh. I am sure Fiat will help you with best it can.