1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Disabled Desmodronic Key!!!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by salztech, Aug 17, 2013.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    @salztech - Apologies for giving false hope. Italia-Linea is right. I am now told that this is not reversible and the only way is to order a new key.

Sorry again.

Rajan
  2. salztech

salztech

India
    It's okay Rajan. But I don't understand Fiat's logic behind this. Didn't they think about keys getting misplaced but only stolen keys so that the disabling is not reversible :confused:. Or is it just FASS that want too earn something out of these situations?
  3. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Think about the vehicle thefts first and thank FIAT to design the best anti-theft rolling code with chassis link and single channel single location key dispatch all over the world.
    2 people like this.
  4. salztech

salztech

India
    Guys, finally got the new remote key from Balaji Fiat. The cost of key was 3999 (+ VAT) and 1000 labour charges (+ service tax) which comes to a total of around 5500.
    It took 3 weeks to get the key from Fiat after I booked at ASS.
    While pairing they paired the new key and also the 2 old manual keys. However the old disabled remote key could not be paired and it gave an error message.

Can you guys confirm the labour charges as it seems too high for pairing as it hardly takes 5-10 mins. Also in the bill the labour charges are charged as 250 × 4 = 1000. Am I charged 4 times or is it the way for pairing charges?

Thanks
  5. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    I think they charged 250/- per key, they should not have charged you for the old remote pairing as it did not get paired succesfully.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Salztech, are you talking of Balaji Thane?

Keep the old remote safe. There are some tools/programmers like Zed Full which might revive the older remote, even via OBD. Need experts' comments why Zed Full should not work on Lineas and Puntos, incase they are aware of it.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Zed full - programmer / replicator

ANY IDEA ANYONE WHO HAS SIMILAR TOOLS IN INDIA...?
    [HR][/HR]http://www.istanbulanahtar.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&i

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014