1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Disabled Desmodronic Key!!!

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by salztech, Aug 17, 2013.

1. salztech

salztech

India
    Hello Guys,

I've got this strange issue with the remote key. Some time back the key was misplaced by me, so on a safer side I got it disabled through TASS. In this period I was using the manual spare key all the time and didn't go for a duplicate remote key. Now after few months, while shifting my place I found the original remote key. Since it was disabled long time back I cannot use it for locking/unlocking the door (remotely). Even when I try to start the car with this key it only cranks the car but car doesn't starts :(.

Now I took it again to FASS, but they told me to get the duplicate key for INR 8000 :eek:. So my question to the experts: is there any way by which I can get the original key re-enabled? ?

Thanks in advance.
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

How do you disable a key:confused:
    and the process should be reversible.
  3. salztech

salztech

India
    The SA told me the code for that particular key has been disabled from ECU. I don't know if it is reversible. :(
  4. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    As long as you have the code card that came with the car, it is reversible. Let me know if you have the code card.

Rajan
  5. mayurshah

mayurshah Amatore

Banagalore
    @ Rajan..First of all sorry Akshay for posting on your thread..My question is I have bought used Mjd Punto and the previous owner has not given me the code card as he says its misplaced. .. the car is transfered in my name...now what is the exact procedure to apply for the code card ?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
  6. salztech

salztech

India
    Yes, I do have the code card which came with the car!

Thanks
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^ That is good news. I will post the procedure later in the evening, once I get back home.

Rajan
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Just a note on this topic. Jishnu (TFIian) who has Linea 2011, he lost his electronic key long back and had ordered a new one which is of 8K. So he got it from FIAT. After getting that key, he can use it to crank engine only from one side of the key. the other side if insidered it wont work at all. He showed me this recently after the bangalore meet. Very strange.
    Why FIAT why!!
  9. salztech

salztech

India
    Okay thanks Rajan!
  10. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    I dont think it can be reversed, this is what Fiat told me