1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dimming of all lights under load

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by DRIV3R, May 28, 2012.

1. Punto Maniac

Punto Maniac Amatore

TN07
    How does your horn sound when your batter is pushed, by power window up down movement, brake/turn lights?
  2. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    Bro just upgrade of battery doesn't solve the problem. It should also have the correct alternator to charge the powerful battery and the electrical setup should also be upgraded.

This is where the Suzuki scores compared to Fiat. These small small things will not be a matter for lot of people but it matters a lot for people like us the CAR ENTHUSIAST'S.
  3. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    Havent got a car for a lil time in my hands because of exams.. But i noticed the last time when i had just parked the car and was shutting the windows the headlights got dimmed
    Ps. My headlight bulbs are stock not upgraded even the music system was off when i had noticed this
    My battery is Amaron flo 60Ah
    The battery is brand new and i dont know why should this happen
  4. imranshks

imranshks Superiore

Bangalore
    Dimming of lights is normal under load, used to happen on my santro when AC compressor used to come into action.

Same happens every time on my Punto 90HP too. I hardly use the electrical stuffs with car turned off except hazard lamps.

Cheers :)

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using Tapatalk 2
  5. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Amron is bogus brand.
    I tried 2 brand new Amron batteries for my Pulsar 220 Fi.

I experienced headlight fluctuation & insufficient current supply to fuel pump on brand new Amron.
    So I recharged & refixed 2 years old exide. Problem solved.

Remember slogun. India moves on Exide.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2013
  6. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    bhai even the stock one's are Exide they too have the problem. Will enquire this to my SA by Monday and will let you guys the exact problem for the same.
  7. fernandeskaran

fernandeskaran Amatore

Mumbai, Maharashtra
    Mumbai Suburban
    Linea 1.3
    I don't think amaron is bogus because if they were they wouldn't have been recommended over exide so much.. Before buying this battery i read the 'battery upgrade' thread, it suggest amaron. So i reckon the issue is not in the battery, probably a more powerful alternator and battery provided to us by fiat would have helped reduce the problem. :)