1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Dilemma on Insurance offers from dealers

Discussion in 'Insurance & Loan Reviews' started by 4mylinea, Jul 20, 2012.

1. 4mylinea

4mylinea

Hello Everyone...</SPAN></SPAN>
    This is my first writing for Fiat forum and need some help from all of you fellow Fiat fans, finally the day is coming closer to pursue my dream of owning my Linea BNW...</SPAN></SPAN>
    I am about to book my car today..But I am in a fix regarding the offers different dealers are presenting in front of me, its regarding the Insurance component of the price...both dealers are offering Furture Generali Insurance for a premium of 34356/- they both claim it is Bumper to bumper comprehensive insurance...but one dealer further offered me a discount of 50% on my premium and still claims my coverage, my premium in the insurance will still show 34356/-...</SPAN></SPAN>
    Question : Do all of you think such a thing is feasible...can I rely on him...? As the first dealer says there are few clauses in that insurance I m being offered different from his...and it’s not complete insurance something....</SPAN></SPAN>

Hoping you all will sort this out for me....</SPAN></SPAN>

Cheers...</SPAN></SPAN>
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    ask them to give their offers in writing. whatever is given in writing can be relied on.
  3. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Yes Buddy... Such thing does exist, feasible and you can rely on him... Its exactly the same policy which other one is offering you but not giving you any discounts... As Long as I know...In new car case, they can generally offer you discount till max 50%(which you are getting) and in older(atleast 1 to 3 yrs.) car they can offer you maximum of 40% on paper and can offer even further in cash if you negotiate harder... For Example... if my car is 2 yrs old. and if my policy premium is amounting Rs.10,000, he can offer me max 40% discount = Rs.4,000 and if I negotiate harder then he will give me 5% more = Rs.500.... but in this case I have to make the cheque amounting Rs.6000 (Rs.10000 - 40% discount) and he will give me cash of Rs.500... He cant accept cheque of Rs.5500 as per their rules... but they can give you some share from the commission they enjoy if you negotiate harder....

I have been renewing Bajaj-Allianz - bumper to bumper insurance policy same way for all our cars(in whichever car its applicable - Zero dep. - Bumper to bumper insurance policy is not available for the cars older than 3 yrs in Bajaj-Allianz atleast)...

I dont know which city you live in... and even dont know whats the scenario there in your city... but here in Gujarat - Bajaj Allianz considered to be the best in giving service... so why not get the quote for Bajaj Allianz as well...?

Neel.
  4. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    hi 4mylinea , I did'nt opt the insurance from the dealer and got directly from HDFC which helped me to reduce the insurance cost by 6 K when compared to the dealer gave , both were applying same terms and cond but dont know why costly
  5. 4mylinea

4mylinea

Thanks everyone for prompt replies...infact its the energy of this forum that has convinced me to stick to FIAT...and not Skoda
    @Neel Thanks buddy...I am in bangalore...and I did get a quote from Bajaj Allianz too and its 27k which is also zero dep, 100% plastics, rubber metals and all...cashless too...
    But now my dealer is giving me the same option of 50% discount but says that there is a clause; I will have to pay 20% of claim amount and the company will pay the rest 80% something....I did not kind understand his clause...but if I opt for his discount i save 17k...
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2012
  6. SarKV

SarKV Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi 4mylinea,
    Can you update me on the final cost for the insurance from the dealer, is it 0% dep?. Today i talked to the dealer and find out for 0% dep. insurance the premium will go up by approx. 1,000/- per Lac. In that case the total premium will go up by Another 10,000/-, So i'm confused now.
    Dealer promised me to send me the details, Will share the same once i receive it. I will appreciate, if you can post the details of both the offers you have.

Thanks in advance,
    SarKV
  7. Naughty

Naughty Superiore

Ahmedabad
    Try to get as many quotes as possible from different agents... Also cashless is your priority than check with your agent and also cross check with TASS. As TASS are not giving cashless to all the companies, they have tie ups with some specific insurance company only but hardly matters when you have active agent and you do regular followup with him... Here in ahmedabad, TASS doesnt have tie up with Bajaj Allianz but my agent picks up the car from my office-- takes it to Bajaj Allianz's head office -- Gets the survey done there itself and gives my car back to me at my office... so process of claim already starts before I actually handover my car to TASS... before you all jump on me asking how does he do that? well... I have no idea, may be he has that kind of relations with the higher officials of Bajaj-Allianz... but he makes sure that the complete claim gets covered under policy(Maximum possible) and I get the cheque amounting passed claim in my hand before I get my car or in worst case latest by the next day I take the delivery of my car from TASS.
  8. 4mylinea

4mylinea

Hello All,
    My quotations from two dealers are as follows..
    Dealer 1(Whitefield): Insurance 34356/-
    Dealer 2(Hosur Road): Insurance 18000/- but claims the cover or policy is similar to Dealer1's policy...
    Both are not zero dep policies.
    Now dealer1 says that there will be few clauses in the insurance cover offered by dealer2(clauses like i need to pay 20% of claim money and company will pay 80%) and dealer1 also says he too has similar offer too...
    Meanwhile i checked with Bajaj Allianz and TATA AIG and they are offering 28k for zero dep, 100% refund for plastic rubber metal parts...

So I am not going with dealer but will go with Bajaj Allianz.. and save 7k apart from getting a zero dep plan...